Yoshimitsu Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I fight competitively in Tekken way more (it's denoted as B!), but yeah I said that on soulcalibur.fr in SCIV and nobody seemed to care because their isn't a proper way to describe that animation in this game.

Yeah I was just messing...I've noticed that if I get the "fall down right in front of you" animation when i a:B+K someone in the air, DNK misses, even though they're directly at my feet...should I just substitute 66A+B then, or is there a better option? []

You can do either 66A+B or FLE, In SCIV it was to opposite, this was to only time you got to do DNK after a long combo.

Is it just me and training mode, or is 4 :A :A :A :A :A not 50:50? I just did it 10 consecutive times, all JFs, and I staggered for every. single. one of them. I've only done the recovery one-a:B+K once in an actual match online before, too.

Is it just me and training mode, or is 4 :A :A :A :A :A not 50:50? I just did it 10 consecutive times, all JFs, and I staggered for every. single. one of them. I've only done the recovery one-a:B+K once in an actual match before, too.
Feels like 1 in 4 will recover to me.

Is it just me and training mode, or is 4 :A :A :A :A :A not 50:50? I just did it 10 consecutive times, all JFs, and I staggered for every. single. one of them. I've only done the recovery one-a:B+K once in an actual match online before, too.

When I am locked in I swear it's not random but I have no data to support it or why I was getting so many in a row. But I have dry spells where I'll get 10 fall downs in a row too.

So I was mega-practicing wall combos over the weekend. Man, Yoshi's got great stuff there...others will probably have posted some of these, but let me sum up what I was practicing:

9K W!, 3B W! 2A+BB, 3B, a:B+K, DNK, 2K = 100 dmg. From another juggle starter that wall splats it's more damage, up to I think 116 for starting with 6K. Just requires that you get that second W!, which works best if the opponent is either directly between you and the wall or if the wall is closer to your left side (9K and 6K both launch to the left, but 9K only slightly so).

The second wall-splat means your 2A+BB will put the opponent into stun state, guaranteeing relaunch with 3B (but no third W!, obviously). Because you're close to the wall when this happens, DNK after 3B, a:B+K hits, meaning you don't have to guess if they're going to tech out of 66A+B or not (more damage vs. guaranteed finisher and oki setups).

If the second wall splat is at a certain timing (I think if it's a very high wall-splat), the 2A+BB gets them but doesn't return them to standing, even though the 3B relaunch will still work if they do anything but lay there (I was testing this with counter off, techs random and the combo meter didn't reset and was never rolled), so you will at least almost always get to that third launch if you see the second wall splat. If the angle's slightly off to one side, the opponent will start to go parallel to the wall, but usually not far enough away to prevent the DNK, 2K ending. If it goes that far, though, 66A+B or Deathcopter.

What you can also do, if you have meter, is after the second W!, 2A+B for the stun, 66aA+B+K, bA. Massive damage, if you can spend some meter and get the timing right. Seems to be slightly spacing reliant as well, since you need to have the opponent stay between you and the wall or bA won't connect. Didn't try on every character (was beating up Pat for some stress-relief), so probably still character-specific.

If you don't get the second wall splat (because you were too far to the right or for whichever reason), you have any of your options post 3B LNC still, including CE.

Bottom line, I guess, is if you see yourself headed to the wall, try to stay on your opponent's right side so the wall is at least slightly closer to your left. As soon as you see the opening, launch. If you get the one W!, 3B. If you get the second W!, laugh heartily as you proceed to do guaranteed damage that's more than most characters' unscaled CE damage. []

Sweetness! Haven't been able to link more than 2 before, and I've only done the double juggles in training. Nice timing!
It's strange. when I don't stagger, I won't stagger for several consecutive resets in training, but when I do, I won't see a recovery for a long while.

Does that video indicate that getting three in a row will result in no launch or was that just not close enough? If so, then there's no possibility of an infinite but there is still a doom combo with walls then.

I'm kind of busy atm, but does anyone know a good way to extact the SCV cpk data, I don't have the system handy so I can't use prodg to debug the game, I'm trying to test the in-game motion mechanics. I've tried to use a few extractors but I can't seem to find an appropiate script to read the game files (the data are compressed in the crilayla format), does anybody have any suggestions?

As far as the 4Ax5 (JF) is conserned it may just be that it's no longer an infinite, there are similar physics mechanics in this game that are realitively the same as this; Viola has N/O~LNC AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE AAB 2A+B 2B+K BE and then if she does another N/O~AAB, the opponent, instead of being relaunched they are hit to the ground like what we just saw in rddk's video of 4Ax5 (JF) [x3].

How bad is the tracking of 1Ax5 (JF), would it have any viable use for pressuring, and what can you do on hit (or CH), assuming you go into bliss?

How bad is the tracking of 1Ax5 (JF), would it have any viable use for pressuring, and what can you do on hit (or CH), assuming you go into bliss?

Imho, I only found it useful for gimmicks. It didn't have much value in SCIV and still doesn't have much value in SCV. But, Pocky Yoshi wouldn't mind being proved wrong with interest haha.

4A JF series seems very useful. In a launcher combo, it will RO over walls. Outside of combo, even the non-JF is a good step catcher at i15 and multi-hit move that will catch stuff like Mitsu's 4B. The first three hits are NC and they're all +2 on hit. This move has become an integral part of my pressure game for catching step and backstep, along with the string truncating into iMCF gimmick I have even if it gets blocked.

Am I missing something or is this move amazing? Just imagine catching step with the full JF series...

Apparently 1Ax5 (JF) can also relaunch an airborne opponent (like the CE you have wait until they're near the ground to start or it'll whiff after the first few hits), now the question is whether or not it can actually LNC after 4Ax5 (JF) [x2], or does it do what 4Ax5 (JF) does in rddk's video on the third hit. I can't check it because I'm going out of town for a while (no system), so if somebody could confirm this it would be greatly appricated.

Also, I've decompressed the SCV data (PS3), but I won't have time to analyze it for at least another week or two, the files of interest (compressed) are the "motion", "stage", "cdata", and "dna" packs. If you use a debugger I suggest debugging the spurs modules at every instant to see where the tasks are functioning from and how they're oriented (I really hope I'm no the only one looking into this).

Back