Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

So I been having a weird drive to mess with ZWEI and learn his alot as of lately, where do I start if I wanna learn ZWEI and what tips do you guys recommend for a new cat trying to learn ZWEI like Pro's&Cons etc etc. ?

Cons - Bad punnishment game, Bad Range*, slow Attacks

Pros - Awesome Frame Game, Great Pressure Game, Good Mixups

Basically you will want to start with 66A+B to attack with, holding A+B will hold Ein back. If you launch them then 4[A+B] is guranteed

4A to Tech crouch, Punish attacks, Set up attack stings, Holding A will hold ein back.

1B is for combos and CH, B holds Ein back.

To mix your opponent up. 4[A] Ein
4[A] 214B Ein 3B ~
If Ein hits off of 4[A] then you can land all sorts of attacks most notably 66BA will combo, so for example A+G 4[A] | Ein 66BA. after 4A you have to mixup your opponent.

How useful would a Zwei aGI thread be, do you guys think? I don't really know but I've been looking into it and so far...
Easy BE attacks that can be aGI:
Pyrrha's 66B(BE)----> block first hit and then use 6A+B
Hilde's 66_33_99B(BE)----> block first hit and then use 6A+B
When orb is set, Viola's 22_88:bA+B+K:--->Block Viola's claw and block the orb first hit and then use 6A+B and you'll aGI the second hit of the orb. (I kinda have to test this one alittle more).

Medium level BE attacks that can be aGI:
Siegfried's chief hold (2_8 B+K) K (BE)----> must use 6A+B immediately after blocking first hit. Timing is stricter compared to the easy ones above.

Hard BE attacks that can be aGI:
Leixia's AAA (BE)---> After blocking the first multiple hits, use 6A+B on the part where it looks like she's about to do 2B+K. Must be close to work and the timing for this is hard so I don't even think it's worth it.

*Dependent non-BE moves that can be aGI:
This is the iffy part where it's up to your own judgement. For ex,
For Xiba's who like to spam 66_33_99 BBB, guard the first two moves and you can aGI the third hit.

Hilde's C3 (A) block first hit to aGI the second.

Zwei's 4(A) if the mirror Zwei doesn't hold Ein, then the aGI will work when Ein attacks you. Zane's good at timing this lol.

Patroklos's 234 AB block the first hit to aGI the second.
Ermm... so what do you guys think? Do you guys find it helpful in any way? Oh oh, if you see anything wrong please tell me! I'm probably the worst Zwei player in the universe and I just wanted to contribute alittle to the Zwei SA but if I made a mistake then feel free to correct me. I'll continue looking into this after I find my PS3 since my dad unhooked it and he keeps hiding it. (>P_P)

*Feel free to add if you notice any other moves that can be aGI easily. And any suggestions for the thread title?

Sorry WuHT, I have no idea what the activation window for it is either. Which is kinda sad since I'm testing this stuff. (>*_*)

Its not really all that useful since you JG or step for better damage in all of those situations aside from the 4A with ZWEI part.
JG is always the better option than his aGI yes. But I guess since I'm not confident enough with it yet, I prefer a small 40dmg compensation from his guaranteed aGIs lol. Thanks for the your input Paranormal Oreo!

best time to use AGI is at -2~-8, not sure when it activates specifically. Very useful since you are standing and they are not, just dont 1A.

So I been having a weird drive to mess with ZWEI and learn his alot as of lately, where do I start if I wanna learn ZWEI and what tips do you guys recommend for a new cat trying to learn ZWEI like Pro's&Cons etc etc. ?

Egg nailed the Pro's/ Con's and general setup idea. I'll try to take care of the basics.

Catch sidestep with 6A/ 4A*4{A}/3A
Catch backstep with 66B/ A+B
Get past guard with 2K/ 44*11*77A/ Throws
Hit crouching opponents with 4B/ 3B
Keep opponents out with {B}/ B+K/ 1B*1{B}
Pressure guard meter with 66A+B/ 66B/ KF B (214B)

Simple combos (easy to remember):
(ordered in terms of combo ender)
3B, A+B = 56d.
3B, 1K BE, A+B = 78d.
WR B, BT B+K, BT A+B = 81d.
CH 1{B}, A+B = 73d.

4B BE, 66A+B = 56d.
B+K, 4B BE, 66A+B = 78d.
A+G, 4B BE, 66A+B = 72d.
CH 6A, 66A+B = 60d.

B+K, 1K = 46d.
22*88A, 1K = 42d.
44*11*77A, 1K = 35d.
CH 22*88BB, 1K = 58d.

66A+B, 4A+B = 82d.
CE, B+K, 4A+B = 95d.

22*88K, {B} = 60d.
66A BE, 1A = 78d.

Use the delay with the 2nd hit of 3AA and 4B BE to hit confirm for combos, if the first hit gets blocked or whiffs don't follow through (makes for bad habbits I would know). Do this first before you play mind games with these strings as well as others.
Zwei has some very specific punishment options but for the most part go into training or track them down in the arena and find out where you can easily punish with 4KB/ 4B BE/ 3B.
Good Luck Man!

maybe this is old, but ill post it anyway just in case....

When the oponent learn how to punish your 4[A] series, is not a problem, in fact is a very good bait to make damage to them......look

Note: the last combo is not guaranteed, just for fun.

later i will post another example with nightmare, because the solution depends on the oponent character.....

;)

Hmm so I started to play with Z.W.E.I so I need to catch up a lot
But, 33B BE CE A+K 4A+B is a worth to try?
Hmm sorry for posting here by the way I din't find a Z.W.E.I question thread.

Hmm so I started to play with Z.W.E.I so I need to catch up a lot
But, 33B BE CE A+K 4A+B is a worth to try?
Hmm sorry for posting here by the way I din't find a Z.W.E.I question thread.

nope....that combo is just for the Lulz, never do that in real fight XD......the important thing in that video is the solution to sidestep punishers ;)

Those depend on the speed of the counter being used. Aeon can step and 66K which beats both immediate Ein release and punishes the 4[A] so ZWEI can't block it.

Those depend on the speed of the counter being used. Aeon can step and 66K which beats both immediate Ein release and punishes the 4[A] so ZWEI can't block it.

yeah i know...Raphael can inmediatly beat it with 33KB....but the thing here is not that, the thing is to bait the characters to punish your 4[A]....and then take advantage from that......the ones you cant...is simple dont do that move

pretty nice stuff, im not really one for figuring out things but i know how to incorporate this into to my game

Creative thinking is needed to win. Be wary of people who are really good at punishment. A well placed AA or BB will beat Ein. Charecters who do not have good AA/BB will have a hard time dealing with this.

Has any combo more damaging than the following been found yet? I can't seem to land it to be sure, but I think it deals around 200 damage.

4[A] - 2B, Ein, WR B, BT B+K, G, 1K*, CE, B+K, 4A+B, 2B

2B at the end is techable.

You can also probably throw another 1K BE in after the first one and before the CE.

Back