1B or 6B2?

IV Wind

[10] Knight
Sup,

So quick question for you all here, after re-watching some old videos and some replays of my own, what's the purpose of using 6B2 instead of 1B after for say...

3B~236B BE
33B-236B BE
1AB~236B Hold

My first guess was probably range but, I've seen a lot of players use it generally after combos in close range. I also thought it was something that you would use, for say if your opponent was 1 hit away from KO, to try and make'm randomally guess if you go mid or low. Anybody got any ideas or opinions?

Last edited:
6B2 or 6B:2?

6B:2, JF version, is much slower, and when it connects in places like this, it's mostly shenanigans. You're not seriously supposed to use it in combos.

6B2, regular version, has more range than 1B, and lands more consistently in combos than 1B. If you can make the fast version come out consistently and never accidentally input the slow version (possible when inputting too fast/messing up the buffer) you can get good consistency on your combos and not worry about whiffing that last 1B.

Well, 1B and 6B2 are used the for the same purpose in combos. If 1B whiffs then 6b2 will also whiff.

Tested on NM Ivy Asta and Rugi; 1B and Toepoke whiff. I used to do 44A 66A+B mixups.

If I'm not mistaken, 1B pushes grounded opponents ever so slightly further away than 6B2 does.

I was referring to the distance the enemy gets pushed away from you when they get hit by 1B or 6B2 while grounded. Framewise 1B has 27 frames of recovery compared to 6B2's 31, so assuming they have similar amounts of hitstun on grounded enemies what you said is correct.

6B2 or 6B:2?

6B:2, JF version, is much slower, and when it connects in places like this, it's mostly shenanigans. You're not seriously supposed to use it in combos.

6B2, regular version, has more range than 1B, and lands more consistently in combos than 1B. If you can make the fast version come out consistently and never accidentally input the slow version (possible when inputting too fast/messing up the buffer) you can get good consistency on your combos and not worry about whiffing that last 1B.

6B2 is what I meant originally, must have accidentally added the colon...

Well, 1B and 6B2 are used the for the same purpose in combos. If 1B whiffs then 6b2 will also whiff.

Tested on NM Ivy Asta and Rugi; 1B and Toepoke whiff. I used to do 44A 66A+B mixups.

Thanks Fenris, I sometimes get the 66A+B on even some of the better players.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all about MU Knowledge. Another thing you can do is 66A+B G then either 3B or 2K BE and if you're BT you can BT B+K.

Also Stop Double Posting And Making Me Do My Job.

6B2 - provides better wake up, always connects
1B - 1 extra damage, may wiff on some ranges, deals 21 dmg, which avoid low life damage reduction rule.

After 236B(BE) in juggles I seriously recommend considering tech traps
66A+B for OTG and back
dash 66B for left and back tech (you can hitconfirm, even in 66B hits otg and doesnt launch - both will connect, for reduced damage)
44A for right and back tech (may still wiff on back tech sometimes)

Damage potential off that is very high (~120). 66A+B otg nets 100 damage + wakeup.

Those can be fucked up by ukemi JG, but I doubt anybody took time to actually practice that.

I practiced the UJG then cried when I realized no Mitsu does anything but the guaranteed options.

If someone is trying to tech up and JG it's a nice opportunity for 6B+K ~ MST A+B to wreck their guard and get some nice -3 shenanigans going.

6B2 - provides better wake up, always connects
1B - 1 extra damage, may wiff on some ranges, deals 21 dmg, which avoid low life damage reduction rule.

After 236B(BE) in juggles I seriously recommend considering tech traps
66A+B for OTG and back
dash 66B for left and back tech (you can hitconfirm, even in 66B hits otg and doesnt launch - both will connect, for reduced damage)
44A for right and back tech (may still wiff on back tech sometimes)

Damage potential off that is very high (~120). 66A+B otg nets 100 damage + wakeup.

Those can be fucked up by ukemi JG, but I doubt anybody took time to actually practice that.
what if you get the just frame for 6B2?

Back