22_88 A+K: deceptive range; followups?

Gabedamien

I Want To Be Happy
Funny how you can main a character for a long time and still “discover” a basic move so late in the game. I never really used 22_88 A+K before because there other options that are usually a bit better (e.g. WR A+B, WR A+B cancel, b6, k:B, b:A), but I’ve recently discovered that this move actually does have some use. For one thing, its range is really surprising to people who aren’t used to seeing it.

Question: what does the “spin” mechanic do in this game? Anything? Wondering if there are any guaranteed or at least likely-to-hit followups to this move, or if it just serves to throw opponents off their game.

From my experience this move isn't very good. It may hit from time to time due to the surprise factor but people will catch on and make you not wanna do it ever again. As far as I know there is nothing guaranteed if it hits even if you are at the closest range but it will put them into Mitsu's 3B/2KB mix-up(or whatever you like to use).

Ah, so nothing really useful. Figured as much since you really never see anyone use it.

22*88A+K is best used on wake-up in situations where your ground hit knocks the opponent away... 22*88A+K catches all step, it's i30 so its pretty slow but the start-up has no visual cues... 22*88A+K is completely safe on grd (not enough to attack afer but enough to space after), on hit its +6 and CH is +10 so Mitsurugi has a variety of effective moves to frame trap/ mixup with at this point...
About you question on the stun it gives, I call those mini-Stuns (mSTN) because it is a stun but without enough advantage to combo into... Rugi's 22*88A+K is an example of a spin~mSTN and Zas's 4K would be an example of a normal~mSTN...
I'd also like to say 22*88A+K on air hit can lead to wall combos...

regardless, this move has given me the first strike numerous times, as well as a death strike just as many times. I am not a professional by any means. its a nice move to use, as many opponents do not believe they will be hit by it unless they are already familiar with this move. as with every move in the game has its pros and cons. i once played a lvl 700+ online and this move helped me get a few combos in, even though i still lost the match.

Back