2B Stance Transitions

TheAppleBoom

[08] Mercenary
This is a transcription of my written notes on 2B's Stance Transitions from neutral. It does not cover transitioning from a stance or from other stance moves as this is solely about initiating pressure, not continuing it.

Important note: 2B must connect with the opponent to transition to stance. Transitions do not work on whiff.

This uses standard numpad notation. AS stands for Aggression Stance. AP stands for Analysis Points.

AAA - Great i12 punisher into pressure. They can duck the 3rd A and deny the transition if they block AA. [A] works if you think they will duck, but you can't confirm that AA was blocked. AAB is good if they duck, and you can confirm that AA was blocked. If they block it, though, she is -14. If AAA6 is blocked, AS A stuffs 2As.

6BB - Linear mid that's a natural combo. If they block the first 6B, 6BB is GIable, and it's very easy to confirm that you blocked 6B. 6BB can be used from crouch. 6B hold will beat GIs, but can be stepped out of if the first part is blocked. it's also -10 on block. They cannot step out of 6BB if 6B is blocked. If 6B is blocked, 6BK is a non-jailing force block. It's +4 and 2 AP on hit, but -12 on block. If K is held, the first part is still a force block, the second part isn't, and it's -6 on block. When 6BB6 is blocked, 2As will clash with AS A, but will lose to AS A+B.

1B - Fast (i18) short range low. Incredibly fast, and it looks like 66B. It has the same frames on hit as 6BB on block, but it is very hard to react in time. If 2B's opponent is starting to block and deal with it, 1B4 or 1B8 will dodge and punish most responses. One of the few transitions with no string mix up.

6K - Linear mid punches. Very similar to AS K. Easier to hit confirm. 6K6 to AS A on block loses to 2A, but 6KK stuffs 2A and is safe on block. 6KK gives 1 AP and is +8 on hit. 6K[K] also stuffs quick options, is +2 on block, gives 2 AP on hit, and KNDs on hit. On a counter hit confirm, 6KB is a big KND. it does 49 and pushes away. 6K6, AS A is also a counter hit combo for 38 and can leave 2B in stance pressure.

66A - A very odd transition since it effectively can't be blocked. It's a quick horizontal Low High, so if they low is blocked, the high will whiff and she won't transition. Same on hit and counter hit. The transition is so slow that if they GI, AS A will be too slow and hit as a GI whiff punish. If using this as a transition, it is better to open with a counter offensive like 66A4 or AS A+B. 66aK and 66a[K] will stuff quick buttons after the Low High, but they're negative on hit with 66a[K] even being -12 on hit.

66B - A very quick (i16) short range linear mid. This move looks a lot like 1B, but has a different audio cue and transitions much more quickly. One of the only moves that can transition, but have no string mix up. 66B6 on block to As A will clash with 2A. -10 on block of 2B doesn't transition, and only 0 on hit.

44B - Mid to long range sword projectile that can be charged. Slow and linear, so mainly meant to be used in a set up. The last transition with no string mix up. On block, AS A will lose to 2A if the B is uncharged, but will stuff 2A if the B is charged. on hit, charged B combos into AS BAA. Uncharged can be teched on hit, but AS A will catch the tech.

I don't have the notes for it right now, but I am aware that I completely spaced on landing 22B as a stance transition. I personally only use it as a side stepping punish. It's good enough on hit for her to press buttons, it's almost never blocked, and I don't know what to do with the lethal.

I don't have the notes for it right now, but I am aware that I completely spaced on landing 22B as a stance transition. I personally only use it as a side stepping punish. It's good enough on hit for her to press buttons, it's almost never blocked, and I don't know what to do with the lethal.

MAN! This is great data! Trying to perfect this character because she's so damn fun to play. Appreciate it mane!

Back