Aeon Video Thread

-Try to react better to the whiffs you create by spacing, so you can punish accordingly.
-Nice 1A's there! (But they hit lol)
-Replace 66A with 33A/99A when you can.
-Pick the custom Lizard.
-Rush 2A is alright I guess.
-You could learn/practice some block punishment (though I liked 66B on Pyrrha's AS K).

Your spacing and mixup game are good enough, and they are the main points to work on with Aeon.
I'd say you'll get better with more experience against good players at this point.

Tourney match
My scrubby feedback:

- I felt like sometimes you were a little bit too predictable. Good players will catch on to that and adapt. (For example after a grab break reset the neutral game you would go for a 66a almost every time and Ramon caught on to that and started hitting you with Pyrrha's aGI which actually cost you a couple of rounds)

- I kinda got the feeling that most of the time you were a little bit too impatient. (Lots of tech forward into GI or sidestep or other buttons, attacks at disadvantage, etc.) Sometimes it's better to hold block, trust me on this one. Abare is good as to keep your opponent honest but it is not to be abused. I lose games all the time because I get way too impatient...

- As Reptile said, I also think you need to take advantage of the whiff punishes you create from spacing. There were a couple crucial whiffs that you left unpunished that possibly could have resulted in you winning the round. Now I don't know if this was because of your tourney nerves or not, but it is definitely something you should look into improving.

- And last but not least I think you need to work on your tourney nerves (You mentioned to me that you were nervous during the tourney before so I'll assume you were) . You weren't playing like you would usually play under normal conditions and I felt like you could have done a little bit better if you had calmed down.

Damn haven't done something like this in a while. Hope you like it friend ^.^

Yeah whiff punishing on reaction and block punishment is definitely something i still need to work on. Where i think my nerves messed me was adapting mid match. I realized Ramon caught on to some some of my tendencies and told myself i'd switch it up but didnt in the end. Thanks dudes

Vs WolfLoneThe (Astaroth)

I apologize for the bad quality. Please watch this and give me some feedback.
I will upload some more soon.

not really sure where to post this but I just wanted to share with you guys

The things about such "doom combos" is that they are extremly hard to perform in a real match. Aeon's combos work rather inconsistent too heavily depending on your and your opponents position.

The "best" wall combo i found is 6(K) CH - W - 66K CH - W - 1B BE (doesn't work always and needs strict timing) - then either:
44BAA/4b+kG for side RO, works in some stages (spacing dependent),
CE for over 200 damage or
1B+K trap for a possible 1-hit-kill (you need 2 CHs for a 1-hit-kill i think).

It works in training but i just can remember to do it once in a match with success against a real good opponent.

The things about such "doom combos" is that they are extremly hard to perform in a real match. Aeon's combos work rather inconsistent too heavily depending on your and your opponents position.

The "best" wall combo i found is 6(K) CH - W - 66K CH - W - 1B BE (doesn't work always and needs strict timing) - then either:
44BAA/4b+kG for side RO, works in some stages (spacing dependent),
CE for over 200 damage or
1B+K trap for a possible 1-hit-kill (you need 2 CHs for a 1-hit-kill i think).

It works in training but i just can remember to do it once in a match with success against a real good opponent.

was mainly to showcase a bit of flare with the Spartan Lizard, he kinda lacking in stylish combos
but yh I've caught on that Aeon's wallcombo's are rather iffy, I normally just stick to 1 w! (usually from 66K) and then move on to 6B BE or 1B BE depending on range

Back