AG Canceling in Combos Advice

StrongbeardTG

[02] Apprentice
Fellow fencing aficionados, it has come to my attention that utilizing Arriere Gambit's cancel in full combos present some challenges for some in terms of the timing/execution. The primary string is BBB46BBB OR SC BBB46BB A+B. I use a playstation controller, and the timing can be pretty tight. Once I started getting it, my execution was about 50-60%. Now I have developed a mental timing method that has raised my execution to 90-95%. It involves mentally breaking the string up into parts. Let's say the combo begins with CH 22_88K and active soul charge, the breakdown of BBB the series is as follows: BB ~B4~6* BB A+B

To clarify, '6*' implies a rapid press or tap and release before inputting BB A+B to avoid 6B and to connect fast enough so that it does not drop.

Another thing that I noticed is that this AG canceling combos with BBB46B are FAR more likely to be successfully executed the closer you are to the opponent. Time your inputs with tiny delays according to the above method and you should find that your execution increases significantly. Cheers.

I do BB:B46 as a 5 beat tap.

Honestly, for all of them, the failing seems to be to try and input like it's a jF. Just focus on getting prep out, that's all - then tighten up over time - without trying to. The second you start trying to speed through it, you'll get AG coming out because the 6 can't be buffered.

Last edited:
yeaah BBB46BBB is string which I found and for me is the best dmg dealer!
You can put in on the strongest combos.

AG is the power of Raph a lot of NC comboc, great punish fast movement :)

BBB46
6B46
ws BB46
22_88AA46
ETC

Yeah, it's an awesome find. I was a little disappointed initially when I thought the only thing that could combo into SC BB A+B outside of a wall combo was CH 4B. I love the string and it's definitely the optimal choice when in comboing in SC.

Now I'm trying to find a way to reliably execute B+K SR B46K which combos into BBB46

Also, super satisfying to 2B+K SR B Ivy's 2A+G. Gotta imagine the look on the opponent's face when that pulls off.

Let's build this char.

Just uploaded a YT video on the subject with couple of stance cancel combos in a real match and some advice on how to approach them.
I hope the info can be useful to someone

I couldnt find a thread with match videos btw? Are people uploading matches in another Raph section?

Back