Any advice on Cassie's wake up game?

ooberallen

[09] Warrior
Being fairly new at this, and 3D fighters in general, I've got a really weak wake up game. Once I'm floored by my opponent I'm really not sure how to proceed. Any tips or things to look out for/keep in mind in these situiations?

Any advice on Casie's wake up game?

few things i like to do on wake up...get real close and spam 2a or 1k a couple times for training, then drop a crouch throw...backdash as if to give them room then 22b+k or FLYING ASS OF DOOM!...if your opponent techs alot, you can time 236k so that it will catch them, duck and get hit, block and u got a sweet advantage...2b+k if they like to tech and spam bb, aa, etc...

cassie has maaaad wakeup options.

In general, should I always get up into crouch guard and go from there? I seem to get smacked around a lot no matter what I do as soon as I get up. Told ya I was new to 3D fighters lol.

Lobo, I think you misunderstood ooberallen. He was asking what to do once he was knocked to the ground. Not how he should approach on opponent who's waking up.

I either just sit there and wait on the ground for my opponent to do their attack, throw, whatever, or get up with a jumping attack (usually 8B). Why a jumping attack? Because it eliminates two of the options, lows and throws. Plus if you are already in the air their juggles will be shorter.

I really appreciate the info Lobo provided as well, All I've really been doing is 3B/3A/1K then trying for a throw, I'm always looking for something else I can follow up with after I've landed 4BB:A.

I really like 1A for oki, people just seem to love the idea of standing up late or just staying on the ground in this game.

I really like 1A for oki, people just seem to love the idea of standing up late or just staying on the ground in this game.

I totally agree with that I never use 1A unless I have em floored because of the startup on it but its great if people just want to play possum, if I remember correctly it leaves you in crouch so you can follow up with a 1B poke too.

I've been mixing up with 1A or 1K and 236 or Throw on wakeup for the most part.. I don't know how well it will work in the long run, but yeah. I need to start working the low throw in there, and I haven't tested it, but I've picked some people up with 4BB:A on the ground... they were probably trying to attack though.

As for when you're on the ground.... get up with somethin quick like a 2A or BB or something or a throw... or just block I guess

oops...yeah.

when getting up 8b is a good option for the reasons explained by schabit...but i'd just jump (g8?) cause without while landing options you are almost better off jumping to reduce juggles, avoid throws/lows, and then going into bb, 236 or a throw of your own. i wouldn't recommend waking into a crouch guard...well depending on who you're fighting i guess. remember waking into crouch leaves you wide open to mids as well as crouch throws...plus if you keep trying it you'll find yourself eating tech traps all day...especially mid launchers. i love playing people who wake into crouch all the time...amy infinite?
far better off waking up with 2a if you wanna be in crouch, as that will stop most mids and crouch throws...however it still leaves you open to tech traps. sorry for the unsound advice but it really is situational.

I've been mixing up with 1A or 1K and 236 or Throw on wakeup for the most part.. I don't know how well it will work in the long run, but yeah. I need to start working the low throw in there, and I haven't tested it, but I've picked some people up with 4BB:A on the ground... they were probably trying to attack though.

As for when you're on the ground.... get up with somethin quick like a 2A or BB or something or a throw... or just block I guess

4BB:A does hit from the ground. It is great if you are playing someone who likes to stay on the ground to avoid some wakeup games. I don't really do it, but I have had it done to me. I am one of those people who tends to a take a nap when people try to do throw wakeup games, and this forces me to play the guessing game with Cassandra.

Fast attacks are always good, but I always find wakeup as the perfect time to do slower moves that are really good on block to set frame traps or kill soul gauge.

For Cassandra, I find it is a perfect time to whore Angel Step Mind games.

I'm also very fond of hopping at people during wakeup (8G_9G). People tend to either freeze or duck and then you just throw or launch respectively.

Yeah, though I find that I am a lot less likely to hop now that there are no WL attacks.

Buffering commands during hops is something I wanted to try more also.

4B doesn't actually hit grounded, but it does pick up off the ground very late into any kind of falling animation.

Back