Armored Core 4

IronSoul

[08] Mercenary
So for those that don't know, Armored Core 4 (also known as AC4) is a customizable mech game where you make your AC, go on missions to get more money and parts, and take your AC online to fight other people. Pretty fun game. Lag frustrates, but facing the right people can fix that enough. Game is available on both PS3 and 360.

So anyone play this but me?

I've been a fan for ages(AC1) and i got AC4 excited about online but then i went online and found out that all the games people have "rules" like no back weappons or no energy guns and stuff so after being booted form alot of online games i decided AC4 was bust. I prettymuch dont play anymore but its definately one of my fave game series.

Im too used to playing with my friends and using whatever the hell we wanted to use.

Im actually really bad at the game but i love making cool looking AC's ill sit there for hours working on something. I miss Replay mode wtf happend ; ;.

Armored Core is tite.

The expansion; For Answer needs to come to the states. Now.
-- Master KaijinJin --

I have this on 360. The single player missions are either really easy or punishingly hard with no inbetween. Haven't played online yet though, would get smashed since I'm not very far in and haven't got a really decent build yet.

I have this on 360. The single player missions are either really easy or punishingly hard with no inbetween. Haven't played online yet though, would get smashed since I'm not very far in and haven't got a really decent build yet.

Thats Trademark Armored Core lol, atleast they took out overheating when they added that it made missions more aggrivating than ever especially since AC's you fance in missions had infinate ammo and never overheated....

Im still missing some stuff from my game, S rank on Hard is killer for some missions.

What I miss the most were controls that made sense :/ In AC3 at least the weapons were on the triggers. The change for AC4 didn't make sense to me... Not that I was any good anyway. That was what kept me from buying it, though I'm curious about 4 Answer. I wish both Armored Core and Ace Combat also fleshed out the story with actual people characters too.

I've been a fan for ages(AC1) and i got AC4 excited about online but then i went online and found out that all the games people have "rules" like no back weappons or no energy guns and stuff so after being booted form alot of online games i decided AC4 was bust. I prettymuch dont play anymore but its definately one of my fave game series.

Rules? No backs? The hell? I know there are a lot of blade only matches, but all the non blade matches I see are usually anything goes. Bleh, if you still have AC4 and you have a 360 and you are interested in taking another stab, I know some people that can accommodate a wholesome match.

Syrpiektre said:
What I miss the most were controls that made sense :/ In AC3 at least the weapons were on the triggers. The change for AC4 didn't make sense to me...

Use type B controls. Much more practical. Hell, you can customize them. The AC4 demo gives a bad impression due to poor controls (Type A).

Oh yeah if anyone needs help with design or online or S ranking missions, feel free to message my XBL or PM me or something, I've done everything on single player already and have some good multiplayer experience.

I was about to pick it up but then I heard about the new one thats coming soon so ill just wait for that one.

AC4 was good, but I favored Last Raven out of the entire series, because they had parts that pretty much covered all of the prequels before it. The older mech parts were better looking to me.

Use type B controls. Much more practical. Hell, you can customize them. The AC4 demo gives a bad impression due to poor controls (Type A).

Ah, that's good to know. I might pick up for Answer then :) IMO AC is a fun game to play single-player (at least, it's really pretty :P) but I dunno about the 1v1 combat... If I wanted dogfights I'd go with an aerial shooter. I guess I'm too "gundam" in that regard :/

sweet i cant wait to play this. Now ive got Infinate Undiscovery and AC:FA.

FormSoftware has been bouncing around publishers lately i hope Ubi doesnt messup the game, ive never liked them O_o.

Back