CE Reflect properties and damage

MammothMan

WR B, NSS A+B, GS KK, W!, 4KK, 33B, GSB
Ok so far, I've found that NM's CE has a small window for the reflect startup time. Meaning if you do it at the wrong frame, you'll get smacked and you'll still burn the full meter.

I'm pretty sure it can GI any move outside of UBs, other CEs, and throws (Throwing is the worst part of this move, you're a sitting duck). Is there anything else that can stop this move?

I'm wondering how the damage works for it. Almost every time it lands, reflect or not, I generally do 20% damage to the opponent's lifebar (approximate, don't quote me on it being exact). However, there have been times that it does such a massive amount, it just shocks me. Like last night, DIME and I were having a fun mirror match, I fire off his CE, and literally .2 seconds later, DIME fires it off. Now since the move is exactly the same, mine went off first. But it literally blew through 80% of his lifebar and gave me the win. So I'm wondering if anyone has figured out what causes the damage boost.

Edit, this is supposed to say CE Reflect properties and damage in the title....but it won't let me edit the title...

If the auto-GI isn't triggered and he releases the slash anyways, then it does the stupid damage. If the counter is triggered then it does the 'less' damage.

That's odd, because I've hit people with it nakedly and it doesn't do the same level of damage.

Clean hit does 80%. Since you cannot reflect other CE's (which is silly, you should be able to, like Hakumen's Yukikaze in mechanics here), that counter probably counted as a clean hit.

Back