Cervantes Guard Burst Game

Are we still having Moldredd do all of our work for us? In that case, I'm also interested in the usefulness of moves such as DC B+K, 4aB, 4aBB, and 9[B+K] (which also looks just like BT B+K). Truth is I'll probably re-lab everything myself once I get my copy of the game back in 6 days...

Of course, as long as we're doing this, we should be thanking Moldredd for letting us remain lazy and do everything for us. You're the best, Moldredd! Always helping out other users, answering questions, and providing well-thought out analysis? Sounds like a typical Moldredd day.

Thank you for your kindness. :)

As your question:

DC B+K - I don't think this move will work against a standing and experienced player at all. Even less against another Cervantes. You will eat a guaranteed B+K.

Maybe it can be effective on wakeup but I think they can easily avoid it by rolling to the sides. If that's the case then the move is quite obsolete and suicidal.

Can't really tell as I've never been downed against it and in the few experiences I've got I think I simply stand up and option select the opponent's DC mixup with great success.

4aB/4aBB - I avoid using it to burst guard as you don't get much in doing so. It's use imo is to throw it at random and scarce occasions in hopes on landing it against a ducking player as on hit it guarantees you a full combo. 4aBB is more to push them back when you confirm the move has been guarded, not mentioning you can trick them in believing you aren't going for the followup by delaying it.

Bursting Guard is a precious thing, you need to MAKE it worth it when you do it.

I find 4A a better option than 4aB when it comes to Guard Burst. It's faster and guarantess you a full combo afterwards.

9[B+K] - Cant really tell much about this one. I don't have any situation in mind in which I travel above them to successfully land it other than a ducking player getting up after realizing I crossed him/her up with 9[B+K]. But it could be quite possible in the move granting a 44A+B on Guard Burst.

Bump.

I wanted to add that you guys should use 9B+K more often for guard damage. It deals massive guard damage and when the opponent is flashing red it might burst them in 1-2 tries depending how much damaging the previous move that put them red was. Also the move itself isn't that unsafe in many cases at tip range (Except against aPat and both Pyrrha's.) so now I can easily see it as one of Cervantes' best moves. Try it and let me know what you guys think.

Back