Coming from Tekken, I have a movement question

Stormcrow TDD

[01] Neophyte
I've been watching all the SC6 tourneys to get an idea of how the game is played and just curious why I never see anyone backdash cancelling. I've seen Boom do it just for fun and style points but rarely do I see him really go all out in a real match. I'm trying to make SC my main game to practice and I'm wondering if backdash cancelling is something I need to be working on before the game comes out. I play Ivy and the whip stance make doing the other style of backdashing feel a bit weird ( the 8, 7, 4 repeat version )

I've been watching all the SC6 tourneys to get an idea of how the game is played and just curious why I never see anyone backdash cancelling. I've seen Boom do it just for fun and style points but rarely do I see him really go all out in a real match. I'm trying to make SC my main game to practice and I'm wondering if backdash cancelling is something I need to be working on before the game comes out. I play Ivy and the whip stance make doing the other style of backdashing feel a bit weird ( the 8, 7, 4 repeat version )
You don't really need to backdash cancel in order to create space and whiff punish. I mean like you can, and a lot of players do, but unlike in Tekken, normal movement works fine too. Ivy only has one stance so she can 214 backdash like everyone else. In Soul Calibur backdash canceling is pretty easy, it's literally just 214214214... and so on.

You don't really need to backdash cancel in order to create space and whiff punish. I mean like you can, and a lot of players do, but unlike in Tekken, normal movement works fine too. Ivy only has one stance so she can 214 backdash like everyone else. In Soul Calibur backdash canceling is pretty easy, it's literally just 214214214... and so on.

Whoa so whip stance isn't in SC6? I've seen Serpent's Embrace in videos but never really looked out for whip stance. That's a gamechanger for me ( I still play SC2 a lot since that's my favorite Ivy)
I like not having whip stance actually, however that means I need to learn the new CS setup.

Back