Fall River Fights - (MA/RI) | Making a scene!

AnOceanOfBlood

[09] Warrior
I have been talking to a few people on SRK and they have started a fighting game night on Fridays and sometimes on the weekend. These people obviously play Street Fighter and MVC but other fighting games are welcome. Hopefully this can be the start of something for us local SC players to meet up and play. Here is his post from SRK.
Fall River running it back for the 3rd Chapter Strike, come out and get some games in. There's no heat in the garage so i don't know what's going to happen after the summer but it's sufficient for now. We have cooling technology
Location is as follows:
478 Tucker St.
Fall River, MA 02721
Big brown house, follow the driveway/hype. (Just ask Mike I was getting so hype trollin online)
Start Time on Fridays 6pm-2pm (Cause nobody showed up at 5 and everyone was still beastin at 1)
No venue fee and free soda/beer will be available but you have to bring your own beer do a shot match!
Also bring your own controller and setups if you can as I only have 2 setups - 2 PS3 sticks(TY Dusty!) and 1 360 stick (kind of). Pads are available though if you prefer. Plenty of fast food close by if you're hungry/commuting.

The only rule is that you pick up after yourself and keep it friendly. Other than that bring your A game and level up with the local community.
Major Games:
SSF4: AE
SF3: 3rd Strike <---Me likey!

Minor Games:
MK9 <--- LOL not really. I leave this for Jeremy.
MvC3 <--- I don't know what to say... It's MAHVeL BAYBEEE

Other games:
Blazblue & Tekken 6: I know it has 4 buttons.

Just a heads up: New England SC plays at Game Underground in Framingham. The reason being it's a centralized location for everyone. People come down from NH, and up from RI and CT, as well as MA. If you are looking for SC comp, that is pretty much the only place to find it.

I understand that it's an hour drive, but people drive an hour there from Lowell, NH border, Springfield, Hartford and Providence on a regular basis. Also, the venue owner loves the SC community and supports any events we run. The biggest SC4 tournament of 2010 was run there; FSAK, which was a 64 man ROUND ROBIN tournament over a 3 day weekend, which had players from the East Coast, West Coast, Midwest and South, as well as Canada and France. The SC4 National Champ showed up as did top EVO placers. SC is kind of a big deal in New England :)

The SC monthlies for SC4 were run there, and will be run there in SC5 as well. The venue has fight-nights on Tue/Fri. Typically on Fri the place stays open till 1-2am.

This thread will help; it's the collected NE Soul Calibur players thread. Go ahead and advertise your spot there if you wish, hopefully you can attract some people to your local get togethers!

http://8wayrun.com/threads/new-england-booze-puritan-values.491/page-96

Lastly, you posted this in United States: Pacific. A mod was kind enough to move it to Atlantic for you!

Hope to see you at an event sometime.

-Idle

Just a heads up: New England SC plays at Game Underground in Framingham. The reason being it's a centralized location for everyone. People come down from NH, and up from RI and CT, as well as MA. If you are looking for SC comp, that is pretty much the only place to find it.

I understand that it's an hour drive, but people drive an hour there from Lowell, NH border, Springfield, Hartford and Providence on a regular basis. Also, the venue owner loves the SC community and supports any events we run. The biggest SC4 tournament of 2010 was run there; FSAK, which was a 64 man ROUND ROBIN tournament over a 3 day weekend, which had players from the East Coast, West Coast, Midwest and South, as well as Canada and France. The SC4 National Champ showed up as did top EVO placers. SC is kind of a big deal in New England :)

The SC monthlies for SC4 were run there, and will be run there in SC5 as well. The venue has fight-nights on Tue/Fri. Typically on Fri the place stays open till 1-2am.

This thread will help; it's the collected NE Soul Calibur players thread. Go ahead and advertise your spot there if you wish, hopefully you can attract some people to your local get togethers!

http://8wayrun.com/threads/new-england-booze-puritan-values.491/page-96

Lastly, you posted this in United States: Pacific. A mod was kind enough to move it to Atlantic for you!
Hope to see you at an event sometime.

-Idle
I deleted it and posted it to Atlantic immediately after so that was me who moved it. I know all about Framingham dude, just trying to get something together thats a little closer.

Back