Gamelot Monthly 3: King of the Ring (update time for SC4)

Chickenwing

[10] Knight
This is Kyle's last tournament of the year. So here's the breakdown of this month's upcoming tournament!!! I Will update anything and everything ASAP. Also, we will try to accomadate everyone's schedule to the best of our ability

Also, there may be some conflicting time info that's being looked into right now. We will let you know when that info is updated. Thanks!!!

WE NEED CONSOLES AND COPIES OF THE GAMES.

-PS3's (REALLY REALLY NEED!!!!)
-PS2's
-Dreamcasts
-Wii's

IF YOU CAN BRING AN EXTRA TV, THAT TOO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. If people want their matches recorded please bring equipment.

And while it's usually obvious: BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! I CAN'T BRING A CONTROLLER FOR YOU! (Okay, maybe a few loaners.....) but please seriously bring it. It holds up the tournament if you have to constantly borrow someone's controller or someone else has loaned it out.

Where:

Gamelot
7007 Bandera Rd
San Antonio, TX
(At Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.)
210-684-0101

Events:

Doors open at 12:00 pm. You may register as soon as you get there, up until the start of an event. The first event will begin at 2:00 pm. (Again, 210-684-0101, if you are running late.)

Soul Calibur IV
Tekken 5DR
Third Strike
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

The schedule is currently under development. Final Schedule to be posted at a later time.

Entry Fees:

Venue Fee: $5 for a wristband. You will need this to be allowed into the tournament area.

Each game will be $10.00 to enter.

To make it simple: One game is $15, two is $25, and so on.

Prize Layout:

All events will pay out as such:

1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

General Rules:

Double Elimination
Rounds: 3/5 (2/3 for 3rd Strike)
Best 2/3 matches
Finals (Winners, Losers) will be best 3/5 matches
Grand Finals are best 4/7 matches

Pausing will result in the loss of a round unless the opponent lets it slide.

All button changes MUST BE DONE before the rounds begin. Binding is allowed, macros and other controller enhancements are banned.

If any rules are broken, you should report WHEN IT HAPPENS, not after the fact.

Game Specific Rules:

***Soul Calibur IV***

Regristration: 2pm
Start time: 3pm

PS3 Only!!!

Banned Characters:
Guest Characters, Custom characters (Color/costume edits are still allowed), and Yoda/Darth Vader are banned from use in the tournament.
UPDATE: as of 10/15/2008 Algol is officially banned from Tournament play.

First match can opt for a blind pick, first stage is random.
Winner stays character.
Loser can change character and pick a stage if he/she desires.

All infinites/glitches are banned.

***Marvel vs Capcom 2***
You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Button switching during the loading screen is allowed (e.g. Holding ASSIST 1 to switch your first assist with the point).
You may not use the same character twice on one team.
Winner keeps the same team, while the loser can switch teams.

***Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike***
Winning player must keep the same character, but can change super art's. The losing player can choose a new character.
Gill is banned in tournament play.
JUDGEMENT will NOT be used to determine the outcome of a match if it should so come up. That match will be played over again until a true
winner is determined.

***Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection***
If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds the match judge will enforce blind random stage select.
Jinpachi is banned from tournament play.

***Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core***
#Reloaded characters, Kliff and Justice are not allowed in tournament play.
Use of EX, Gold and Shadow characters are not allowed in tournament play.
Winner keeps the same character and the losers can change characters.

***Super Smash Bros Brawl***l

Neutral Random stages:
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination

Counter Pick:
Delfino Plaza
Corneria (Melee)
Great Sea
Rainbow Ride
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Brinstar (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise

Everything else is banned.

No items.
Time Limit: 7 minutes
3 stock
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.

Each player can strike one non random stage.

At the start of the first round, each player can use one random reset, meaning if the stage that comes up on random is not to their liking, they may opt to randomize it again. If both players use their reset, the final reset must stay.

After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the next round will begin.

Stall tactics such as MetaKnight's Infinite Dimensional Cape glitch are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes.

Post if you're coming, give me feedback, let me know if you can bring stuff, and if you want to stay in tune with any other tournaments I'm making, add me at myspace.com/kyletheband. I'm also on facebook: Kyle McClusky

Get hype!

Gamelot Monthly 3: King of the Ring (update time for SC4

update times for SC4

Reg 2pm
tourney: 3pm

I was talking to Nori and heard about this......you guys suck though...if this was the Saturday after this I would have come. Bastards.

I was talking to Nori and heard about this......you guys suck though...if this was the Saturday after this I would have come. Bastards.
We have monthlies all the time. I'll try to catch you on AIM to let you know when we have the next one. I think Chickenshit is working on a major, and I'll for sure let you know about that dude.

Chickenwing, the "random stage select" rule just seriously needs to go, no joke. The loser should not get to pick anything besides his/her own char. If I beat somebody and they want to change the stage, I'm going to nicely say no and hopefully you're a good speaker to him/her, cause you already know people like me/con/agustin are not going to budge with a stupid rule like that. Old tourneys were never like that, and I can't see a reason why this "new age" rule should be in effect. Anyway, keep the rule, get rid of it, either way people that I beat aren't picking the stage. Not trying to be mean, but since I'm getting complaints about this rule and nobody is posting it, I had to be "that guy" and say something. I still heart you CW

I'll be bringing a console also FYI

That's cool. I decided to come in to SA that next weekend anyway. One of my good friends goes to Pharm school there and I'm going to hang out there for the weekend b4 I head to Houston for thanksgiving. Maybe I can get up w/ some of you guys. I'll leave my ps3 at home though :)

And I live in ATL...I doubt I can make it to a monthly, but I'll roll out to a Major. And maybe you should put the city in the post title...that might be nice.

That's cool. I decided to come in to SA that next weekend anyway. One of my good friends goes to Pharm school there and I'm going to hang out there for the weekend b4 I head to Houston for thanksgiving. Maybe I can get up w/ some of you guys. I'll leave my ps3 at home though :)

And I live in ATL...I doubt I can make it to a monthly, but I'll roll out to a Major. And maybe you should put the city in the post title...that might be nice.
Yeah man, come down and we'll hang out one of those nights for sure dude.

Good luck to everybody. Hope to see a lot of people show up

Back