Getting back with Amy. wat do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena

[09] Warrior
Say you're a player that hasn't played IV in forever. Say you used to main Amy with varying degrees of success. Say you get back into the game and want honest opinions over how to play the gothic gal.

Say that you are me in this sitch.

Because that's what I want.

ITT what's trendy with the pretty redhead these days? How does the community play her? I'm not asking this so I can emulate EVERYONE's style, I just want an idea of what works so I can blend it in with my own dancestyle.

(Note that I only have a rudimentary knowledge of what the eff frame traps and iXX and block frames and whatever are, so if you come at me with all that I'll be a bit confused.)

((inb4 go to this thread))

1) walk up to opponent
2) 33B/2B+K. 50/50 mixup that is safe. everytime they are knocked down, you can hit them with either of these and 66A+B on the ground. 2B+K will instantly get him knocked back down if they try to stand and block mid right away.
3) 6BB is i11 and interrupts/punishes damn near everything, then you can mix it up with 6BB236 bullshit, or just 6BB on NH/CH for +2, either way Amy's in their face and fucking scary.
4) When you're at negative, mix up your aGI's.
5) Rinse/repeat. Amy's fucking broke and makes the game less interesting to me.

...see, that's exactly what I meant. Talk to me like I'm 10. :D

Go to the newbie silencer thread, it explains all the notation, and is much easier to understand that you're most likely thinking.

what BC said. cena please use respective threads for questions. there is tons of help for amy available here. good luck and have fun with her.

hi Cena

Watch this video for basics/notation

Stop by chat or the Amy Forum or more stuff.

Good luck!

-Idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back