Hello

Solaris_142

[01] Neophyte
Hey everyone.

I've had the game about a week now on PS4 so new player still. And pretty new to the forum. Any PS4 players feel free to send me a friend request. My PSN is the same as my username here. I've not tried the online yet but I want to sometime soon. I'll be renewing my PS plus before long and give it a try. I have no idea how I'll fair against human players online, but I'm having a lot of fun training in single player so far. Hopefully my internet is fast enough for the online. I'm not even sure. I'll find out I guess. I'm playing as Mitsurugi since I love to use the sword. And I love his fighting style. I might try Groh if I decide to start learning a secondary character. He seems pretty bad ass. And I like his style and his weapon that separates into two blades.

I was a big fighting game gamer back in the early Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter years. I eventually found and fell in love with a Soulcalibur game on the original Xbox. I don't remember what version that was, Soulcalibur 2 maybe? I ended up giving up on gaming for a few years and skipped a couple generations of consoles. But I decided to get a PS4 on day one. After purchasing my PS4 I was wondering about Soulcalibur and if there would be a Soulcalibur game for it. When I heard one was coming I was pretty excited. Then when I saw it on the shelf at the store last week, well no way I could resist. Aside for the reversal edge annoyance I absolutely love this game. It's the most fun fighter I ever played. But then of course it is, since I've not played a fighter since the original Xbox days. :) Well I briefly tried Mortal Kombat X but didn't end up putting much time into that one. As much as I use to love the old Mortal Kombat games it's not nearly as fun to me as Soulcalibur and it's bad ass weapon based style. And I much prefer the 3D movement in a fighting game.

Looking at the moves list for the first time and seeing ABKG instead of triangle circle square X was rather confusing and annoying to me. And I felt like someone screwed up pretty badly writing the moves list making things more difficult to read and understand than they need to be. But I'm gradually getting use to that and I think understand why they do it that way now. For the online, and forums, so everyone on all platforms is using the same language when discussing moves. So that does make a lot of sense. :)

This Soulcalibur came along at a good time since I'm going through a pretty difficult period in my life. And my enjoyment of this game is greatly helping to keep my spirits up. So for that reason I'm grateful for this game, especially at this time.

Looking forward to making some Soulcalibur friends. Maybe find a few regulars to have some epic battles with would be great fun :)

Last edited:
I tried online for the first time yesterday. It was so laggy I couldn't block lows or do combo's. so no online for me.

That's too bad. I won't like if I'm getting too much lag either. Maybe some days are better than others?

Talking about Groh on Legendary. I think maybe the key to getting good on legendary is getting good with guard impact. I've been practicing the guard impact last two days and starting to get a feel for it. Check out this clip of me using guard impact to give Groh a tough time of things on legendary difficulty/training mode. Start adding some killer combos into the mix could start doing some real damage.

Back