Help with arcade stick

Ftibossler

[08] Mercenary
Hi all. I want to start this by saying that i'm really really ignorant for what concerns arcade sticks and their relative functions, so forgive me, because i'm going to ask a lot of obvious (not for me) questions.
As you can understand from the title i'm searching for an arcade stick.
Now i have a ps3 slim and i think i'm going to buy this: Mad Catz PS3 Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick (PS3).
I know it's not the top, but i'm not a tournament player and i don't want to spend more than 140~150 €.
The point is: i would know if this arcade stick is compatible with PC (maybe using some programs; idk i'm using Motionin joy for ps3's joypad, can i use it? ) AND if there is some kind of adaptor wich allows me to play on PS4 too. In case i can do this things BUT not with that stick, feel free to suggest to me another FightStick.
I also wanted to know if all sticks are compatible with european ps3.

TL;DR
1) Can i use an Arcade Stick for Ps3 on my PC too? A: Yes. Q:All of them?
2)Does my english suck?
3)Can i use an Arcade Stick for PS3 to play on PS4 by some adaptors?

And now....ladies and gentlemen.... get ready for the most stupid question you'll ever read about this topic...but...i have to ask this..... ready?
Does special edition Sticks like "Super freaking stick of Super street fighter IV", with "SSF IV" printed on top of it, for example, work exclusively with their relative game?
Yap.... sorry...told ya.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Madcats says they don't support the PC with their sticks though they'll probably work ok. Early ones only worked with specific motherboard chipsets (NVIDIA apparently gives the sticks problems) though so it can get kinda wierd.

My SCV Hori stick works fine with my PC OTOH, so you may want to look into a Hori.

This seems a bit cheaper than the one you're looking at and it has superior components for a unmodded Fightstick. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Offici...9319050&sr=8-2&keywords=hori+arcade+stick+ps3

The Quanba sticks are very nice as well (use all authentic arcade components). This one has the benefit of being compatible with the 360 as well as the PS3 and the PC. It's also in your price range.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PROFESSIONA...=1419319189&sr=8-48&keywords=ps3+arcade+stick

The only reason there are SFIV sticks etc is that it makes them marginally collectible. They all have the same functionality across any game that supports an arcade stick.

If you want to use a stick with your PS4 and PS3 and PC however, you'll probably want to just buy a PS4 stick since PS3 sticks are only compatible with the PS4 if the game develoer opts to include PS3 stick drivers with their game. As of right now, only Skull Girls has such support planned for it. (Or just wait for more options as the PS4 sticks are currently way more expensive than the older gen sticks.)

Check out eightarc. I have one and I use it for street fighter (i use pad for SCV). Super nice quality

for the most part you can use your sticks on PC and PS3...some require additional programs like the older models.
I myself have a mayflash converter which allows me to do just that...but you'll need to install the software (disc comes with the converter) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-A...1419456111&sr=8-1&keywords=mayflash converter

there's rumour that there'll be a patch allowing you to use PS3 sticks on PS4 for fighting games like Skullgirls has done...however there is a way...seeing that you've mentioned you're not a tourney player...it's known as the Chronusmax converter. They work for just about anything you can use your stick on PS4 and XB1. For the casual they're the greatest things ever, but in tournaments THESE ARE BANNED so I'd exercise caution if you had plans to enter with one of these...(I'll leave you to do your own research on these)

and for your...and I quote...stupid question; no...special edition sticks are not limited to particular games...the printed art on the stick is just that, printed art, an aesthetic to make the stick look good. hell I use my Madcatz SCV stick for Marvel, UNIEL, Blazblue etc

it is? I'd like to know more...been thinking about getting one myself...but I wanna know all the specs before I cough up so the money for em

Back