Hilde "Gimmicks"

Runis

Doom Combo is Back!
Since Nats are over, and the introduction of Broken Destiny looks like we might be seeing a patch for that will remove the Doom combo, I thought I might create a post filled with Gimmicks I use every now and then.

Gimmick #1 - 2A+B.
Now yes, it's fairly slow and MANY people can react to it, but if you can manage to fool someone with it, you can get quite a few tech traps and oki off of it.
The best example is 2A+BK W! 1KK.
From this, you are GUARANTEED another 2A+B as both a tech trap (catches all tech) and as an oki.
in either scenario you are then in another tech trap/guaranteed oki situation. Unfortunately, most of Hilde's tech traps and her Oki are not possible on the same move (although I haven't tested to see if 11B will tech catch on 2A+B as it should wall splat again if it does, leading to more shenanigans) Your only oki and guaranteed trap is 11K for which the damage is not so good, however it's better than 2K and does not use a charge. 2B+K is good in that it leaves you in good frames but kills your B charge. 33K is the standard tech trap but since it wall splats, you can't get any guaranteed damage even if you catch them. the best damaging tech trap is 6A+B, which grounds them again leaving you in a good position but no guaranteed follow ups.
2A+B by itself on a standing opponent gives a 33_99K tech trap. Use the 99 when on the left hand side and the 33 on the right hand side (very weird tech catch properties.) 33K is a shakable stun which if your opponent doesn't shake in time nets you a 1KK crumple stun into more tech trap and oki. If they do shake in time you should be able to throw them (and since most people only concentrate on shaking and not breaking throws you should succeed). If they don't tech, you can keep stabbing them with 2A+B, but be careful as 2A+B can be rolled. 11K catches rollers and does more damage if they try to roll.

Gimmick #2 W! 3BA
This is a gimmick I love pulling out every now and then since it gives a use to one of the most pathetic moves in Hilde's arsenal. If you manage to wall splat and get a 3BA the A doesn't splat a 2nd time but instead puts them into a slide state. From here you get 11B as tech trap and Oki. if they tech into 11B you will wall splat and get a 2nd 3BA. 2A+B is also a tech trap and Oki (but only if the 3BA is at a wall and doesn't splat on the A).

Gimmick #3 C3A W! C3B 2A+B
Almost instinctively every Hilde who gets a C3B will try to 44K or B+K combo. Off a W! C3B this is the worst choice as the 44K will W! into no combo and B+K will whiff. 2A+B combos and gives tech/Oki.

Gimmick #4. 2A+K_44A
These 2 moves look similar, but one is a mid and one is a low. Train your opponent to recognize the 44A first, as 2A+K is good for RO.

Gimmick #5 "Run up Slide K"_C3B_5~Step
this is something that Ceirnian taught me and I claim ZERO credit for this but not everyone knows about it yet. If you can train your opponent to never duck the slide kick is a super powerful tool (since hitting with it when grounded or when waking puts them in a back turned state when waking after wards) C3B is the obvious duck punisher. now the explanation on 5~step is that when running, if you go to neutral for a split second, the run stops and you can step to either side, dodging almost any counter your opponent tries (Including most 2A's surprisingly)

Gimmick #6 C3A 66A+B
This is something that most people don't try because they want to press the advantage that C3A gives on block. what this gimmick is, is a tool for preying on your opponents instincts to Block any followup to C3A. C3A 66A+B will soul crush after FIVE(5) Attempts [C3A breaks in 12, 66A+B breaks in 8].

Gimmick #7 64B+G
I love this throw. No seriously, I love it even if there's no W!. It gives +13 and puts them in BT. 64B+G, run up 64B+G, run Up C2BB C2AA. There are so many gimmicks off of this throw if there's no W!. If you could KEEP the A charge when doing it, I would do this throw so much more.

I have more but some of them are really stupid and would only work on people in Sydney due to conditioning.

wow thats some advices ^^i have tried a long time hilde-chan but im to aggressive to play with her =/ but the gimmicks are damn good thx ^^ ehm and if ya have some more just put them up,even if some are stupid maybe anyone can tool with that around ;)
i like with hilde KG(cancel the kick and she moves like a vamp backwards lol)
or..if ya guard she puts the visor from her helmet down and if ya taunt she had her visor up ^^ i know its useless in a fight but i love such gimmicks =)

Well, one of the conditioned gimmicks I have is CH 3A 6A+K C3B_Throw. 6A+K gives +5 frames on hit which means C3B loses to 2A's but if they're trying to CH, you can iFC C2B them for a CH trade. -8 Isn't gonna stop you from finishing the combo. iFC C3B also trades and puts them in an unshakeable stun. haven't tested to see if getting CH out of iFC C3B actually makes you recover FASTER or not though. Having 2A trade with iFC C3B might make the recovery faster meaning the stun gets some guaranteed followups.

Then there is the 8K 2A+B shenanigans. Since 8K is a tech trap into C3B, no one techs it. No teching means you can pull off 2A+B shenanigans.

Back