How did I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyMrPlow

[09] Warrior
Ever accidentally do a combo mid-game and then spend hours trying to recreate it but not be able to figure it out? I did :(

It more or less went like this. I hit them mid, then low, then they went flying up into the air (blue lightening around her on that move) when they landed she was facing backwards and then bent over backwards with one leg in the air hitting them with the blade.

No clue if that made any sense... but it happened. I hope you guys know it :/

The backturned move (one leg in the air thing) is only in gloomy now, I think. I thought it was B+K? Not sure.

Go look at Tira combo lists in Gloomy Stance and you should find it.

The two hit backturned B+K is actually Jolly side only. She has a different backturned B+K move in Gloomy with a GI property. (The latter you'll often see after a 66B BE into Gloomy.)

Oh, that's right. In GS she does the GI with the ring into a shoulder/head butt thing.

<- Clearly not a Tira player. :)

Oh sorry, I thought someone already explained it.

I believe that combo should be JS 6A, B (counter hit), B+K, B.

The only way to send them flying is if the B is counter hit, so if you're trying to replicate it in training you'll have to turn on counter hits. (You may have to whiff the 6A in training to actually counter with B.)

Speaking of which, I've never understood why that move has a guard break property on counter hit. If it activates on counter then there's no way to hit them with it while they're guarding, right?

Thank you. Can I ask about counterhitting? I have no idea anything about that, they didn't have that in Marvel.

Counter hits are in Marvel actually, however I don't believe any characters have moves with altered effects on counter, you generally just a have a frame advantage. To be honest I'm not sure all of it's effects in SC, but in this instance hitting the opponent in the middle of an attack animation (before the attack connects) results in a completely unique follow up attack. Other attacks may add other effects like an added stun property.

Another example for Tira is her 8B. On counter hit you get a pretty awesome attack throw. (Which used to apply to her WRB as well, but not anymore.)

You don't need to sidestep. Basically any time your opponent tries to use an attack that takes more frames to hit than your attack you'll get a counter hit. It won't happen as often with experienced players that know your follow ups, but you can still catch people off guard if you mix up or delay your attacks.

There's a couple of ways to practice this in training.

1. Turn on counter hits in the menu. In most cases that's all you need to do, but in this case you just have whiff the first attack so you can counter with the second. (Unless you can set it to CH all attacks now.)
2. Switch the mode so that they block your first attack but not the second. You should be able to practice the combo normally that way.

I'm sure there's other ways too, since the training mode has a pretty good amount of depth, but that's some basic ideas off the top of my head.

Ok I think that it started something like 6A, B... Hope that helps
the input for this could be
in jolly
6A, B, B (on rising), B+K, B, B+K (when facing away), B

bread and butter for JS

if the enemy does SOMETHING when you hit them with the first B, she will lift them up and throw them back. you can also pretty easily do this by doing 11B, getting a counter in 6A, B is based pretty much only on luck. 11B you can do on reaction to enemy attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back