I am struggling.

You should check up my guide on how to be good with patroklos. It's in one of my recent postings.

Also I remember the first time I played money muffins and lost 20-2.

He made me conscious of my mistakes and I beat him 10-9 after and that was one of the most satisfying feeling ever. (Considering how imba the NM vs. Pyrrha MU is)

Also @ZER0, I'm honoured to have inspired you to pick up patroklos. May the knees of justice be with you.

Also I'm just gonna leave this here but the key to beating a solid Pyrrha is by grabbing and playing with simplicity. Pyrrhas oki,punishing , mixups and spacing will always be better than you.

You have to first determine how to approach the grab (running up to them vs. grabbing after you blocked their attack for example) and based on that, you can be able to instill fear by making them purposely duck and punish.

I will definitely take this to heart my friend and I'll have a look at that guide soon...I don't know how long it'll take to become decent with him or to get on a level that will do you proud, progress will be slow because I also have to train with the Spartan Lizard and the Princess of Wolfkrone, but rest assured I will give much attention to he-who-fights-for-justice.

should Lock ever fall to Hates, I shall be the one to avenge him...if I cannot, look to the one who shall avenge the avenger...Lock knows who I'm referring to...either DIME or Rocktopus

Now I feel compelled to avenge MONEYMUFFINS...
You'll probably defeat me since I'm free to Algol.

Also didn't a specific Pyrrha player make you switch mains? xD
Im on vacation right now but you can add my psn : lockdownzx
should Lock ever fall to Hates, I shall be the one to avenge him...if I cannot, look to the one who shall avenge the avenger...Lock knows who I'm referring to...either DIME or Rocktopus

Thanks for having my back guys :DDDD
Defenders of honour all the way! #swag#kappa

Im on vacation right now but you can add my psn : lockdownzx
Algol especially a good one is hard to fight against, guys like jacksalien and jukacc really make him shine, I hear killa6 is very aswell.

Thanks for having my back guys :DDDD
Defenders of honour all the way! #swag#kappa

always bro, Right arm of doom and knees of justice to the end

I'll keep Algol tied behind my back, in that case--I'm all about being accommodating! And yeah, I initially picked up Algol seriously because I prefer him vs Pyrrha (if the Pyrrha player knows how to exploit the MU vs Cervantes, it's brutal), and then I discovered that Algol is just generally more fun to me.

I'll add you next time I hop on PSN.

Also I remember the first time I played money muffins and lost 20-2.

He made me conscious of my mistakes and I beat him 10-9 after and that was one of the most satisfying feeling ever. (Considering how imba the NM vs. Pyrrha MU is)
FIRST OF ALL, OUR CONNECTION IS LAGGY AS FUCK. THE FACT THE RESULTS CAN BE SO ERRATIC SAYS NOTHING. SECONDLY, IT’S NOT LIKE YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE DOING A FIRST TO TEN OR A FIRST TO TWENTY, SO THE FACT YOU POST THESE RESULTS LIKE THEY WERE SETS WE AGREED UPON BEFOREHAND IS OBNOXIOUSLY MISLEADING. AND NO, YOU’RE COMING IN WITH THESE ASSUMPTIONS THAT THE CHARACTER MATCHUP IN THEORY IS AUTOMATICALLY AT PLAY IN OUR PARTICULAR FIGHTS.

ANYBODY REASONABLE KNOWS CHARACTER MATCHUPS HAVE LITTLE RELEVANCE TO MY GAME. I FOCUS ON THE PLAYER, NOT THE CHARACTER. YOU’RE ALL AROUND JUST BEING OBNOXIOUS AND DISHONEST AND TELLING YOURSELF WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BELIEVE. IT IS UNBELIEVABLE HOW PEOPLE LET ONLINE MATCHES DISTORT THEIR VIEWS OF PLAYER SKILL. EVEN PLAYERS LIKE IRM AND BLUEBOYB WHO ARE CONSIDERED TOP TIER FALL INTO THIS IDIOTIC WAY OF THINKING. THEY'VE NEVER PLAYED ME OFFLINE AND THEY ARE UTTERLY CONVINCED I COULD NEVER BEAT THEM. ANYWAY, I HAVE NO REASON TO THINK YOU AND I ARE EVENLY MATCHED, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO IT!

I actually don't think I'm good at all and I don't believe that I'm on par with you lol

I'm only good against NM, sieg, viola and natsu. I'm free to the rest of the roster

I'm down for matches whenever. I'm no Hates but I'm OK, I guess. We might have some good, close matches. Although I am free to Mitsu rushdown ;)
PSN: The-Small-Cheese
XB: The Small Cheez

I'm just gonna leave this here but why do people exaggerate matches being laggy as fuck when it's typical 3 bar (sometimes feels like 4 bar) connection?

Laggy as fuck is when you literally see NM's 1A or natsu bombs and when you react to block it you still get hit..

I'm just gonna leave this here but why do people exaggerate matches being laggy as fuck when it's typical 3 bar (sometimes feels like 4 bar) connection?

Laggy as fuck is when you literally see NM's 1A or natsu bombs and when you react to block it you still get hit..
to me laggy af is when you have a 3-5 bar con and you STILL end up dcing.

So after thinking about things for a while, this is what I have come up with.

- Win/Loss percentage really doesn't matter. In fact, if I am winning over 50% of my battles, I am fighting the wrong people.

- I should stop asking for help, and instead I should start asking for people to "bash my head in."

- Instead of spending so much time doing training and research, I need to be playing against other people and viewing the replay data, which so far I have learned that what Hates and Moneymuffins have told me, I am whiffing a lot and I am developing patterns which need to be broken.

- Instead of relying on other people to teach me, I am now focusing on myself to improve. Mostly with punishment data and minor details. As well as learning other characters.

Using these, I have learned from playing tonight with Patroklos several small details that I would have never thought of in Training mode.

I have had problems with taking losses in the past, but after the things I have learned and I'm in the process of learning, I am proud to say that I have an 11% win percentage. Hopefully I will find enough good players in order to keep it that way.

Thanks for the help everyone. Lastly I am going to add my PSN on this website in hopes of finding some new people to play with.

In general, that's a pretty good plan. I do think you should view other players as potential learning resources, though. Yeah, we're not all going to see the game in the same way, but getting feedback and comparing notes is usually beneficial for your perspective.

It's also good to fight players of all skill levels. The good ones will hurt you badly for doing silly things, while the players nearer to or beneath your skill level give you more forgiving environments in which to practice implementing new strategies.

Either way, I wish you all the luck in the world moving forward.

Reactions: JTK
I don't know if you still want advise for picking up characters and feeling comfortable with then character follow the numbers like I say.

1. Learn the basics of a character that catches your eye and then go to 2. If you can't do this skip to 5.

2. Do you feel comfortable? Go to 3. if not and 4. if so.

3. Saddly this process will take a while, go back to 1.

4. Learn the character until you master that character, if you're satisfied with the amount of characters you've learnt stop, if not go to 1.

5. You've learnt all the characters basics, now learn a character that has similar moves. (Not playstyle but playstyle can be the same) if you can't do this skip to 6.

6. Main edge master and be swag (just kidding)

Hope this helps.

Back