I has a question.

ravingranger

[08] Mercenary
I have been curious about something for a while, I'm not new to Yoshi so I do know some stuff. I'm sure someone has asked this before but I couldn't find it; is there a specific way to recover from the 4:A: JF? I've heard that you can only press it 4 or 5 times, I've heard that its random, so I'm curious about it because if there is a specific way, it would make my day. Please and thank you.
O3O

It's random, but some people think you have a better chance to recover on counter hit

It's not random. You have to hit it exactly, and you can not move your joystick once you hit the 4A.

So.. 4A:A:A:A and hit nothing else but the As after you start the command with the 4A. Once you get it down, you'll start doing it more often than not. The more you practice, the more you realize it's not just random.

Wrong. Some french guys went to japan about 2 years ago and talked with one of SoulCalibur 4 developpers (can't remember his name though). They asked him some questions about the game, like "was Ivy's stance lock done on purpose", "were they aware of Hilde's doom combo", etc.

One of those questions was "are Yoshi's JF recovery random or not" and he answered "yes", believe it or not.

On video? Proof or didn't happen! haha.
Well, I must be the luckiest random getter ever, because when I actually DO get the whole thing I get the recovery every time I get the whole thing JF. When I don't recover, it's because I didn't get the whole thing JF. Weird.

Not saying I'm a JF pro or something with 4A.. just saying that I literally can not recall a single time I've gotten the full JF 4A and didn't recover. I did this because I read somewhere on here that to do the recovery you have to hit the 4A, then release the stick back to neutral and only hit the correct times for the As. So, literally, 4A : A : A : A : A and NOT hold the A too long on them, but literally just tap tap tap tap.

LoL its funny everyone reverts back to my old post about my finds on this....

It is completely random... iFICTION ive hit this so many times and not recovered it isnt even funny...

This is def one of the moves they should update in SC5... I guess if it wasnt random the move would be "Too Good"

Back