Is 236B LH Broken?

StrongbeardTG

[02] Apprentice
I've been trying to setup a LH scenario versus Ivy after she performs 214B Venom Lash ~ Serpent's Embrace. I have her selected to that move in training mode and set to All Guard afterwards. She is vulnerable after I block the hits -- the thing is I always connect during the opening after my guard but it NEVER LH's. Is this broken? What are you guys finding?

Maybe the way it's coded is that it only LHs if the opponent is still in recovery? 'Cause I know it works in at least some of the cases it's supposed to (like when punishing Raph's 214B or Mina's non-tip range 1B). What would be happening here is that she recovers from the move, but can't block anyway due to being in Serpent's Embrace, so you hit her, but the game doesn't register it as a punish (which is the 236B LH condition) since she's not stuck in recovery.

Or maybe it's just a bug. I dunno.

It doesn't count if the enemy is already in a stance when it hits. That means they've already passed the recovery frames of the move and can technically interrupt your move with an attack or escape with a stance movement. It HAS to punish the move while they're in recovery frames. Which means the move you're punishing has to be -20 or more.

Back