Juggling with Mitsu

BRADtheImpaler

[08] Mercenary
I've been playing Mitsurugi since SCII and I never liked the idea of juggling, back then people said things like "Sophitia and Cervantes are the only good jugglers." It wasn't until recently that I finally decided to incorporate air control into my game. I'm wondering if anyone has any good, safe juggle combos.

I tend to use the string:

3B, BB, 2KB, 2B

With some consistency.

It's a good six-hitter for around 80 dmg. But 3B is i18 with -16 on guard, so it's highly punishable on block and whiff, so I only really use it for crouching opponents.

I'm going to try working the MST 6(B) and combo out of Relic since it's an i19 with -7.

Any suggestions for more reliable strings?

There is a combo thread, just search it. But i have to warn you, you are not going to find 3B,BB,2KB,2B in there :)

Seriously, check the combothread. A combo is always GUARANTEED. 3B,BB,2KB is not....

The best using of 3B is for whiff punish according to me. It's not bad againts people who don't punish, or character who are bad punisher.

In case of juggle, maybe you can try it but don't forget that your oppenent will avoid the wake up game. And Mitsu is good at the wake up game after (often). If you touch your opponent with 2K on the ground, you have a very good advantage when he wake up.

combos dmg+ 2K dmg on the ground + good advanage = a big opportunities of dmg.

You have also 11K. If he block, he have to punish with a move under i13 (i know XD) . generally, it's 2A or something like that. And, when your are hit during a RLC, what's happen ? You are BT ^^. SO you can try a BT B+K (i12) for take CH and do 60 dmg. You have a lot of possibilities with 11K.

Wake up is really importante for Mitsu, don't forget that.

For exemple, after a B6 counter, I do 3A and 33B for 57 according to 3A 44B etc for 62. But the wake up is better and you can frequently touch with a 2K on the ground, or do a 2KB directly etc...

edit: and while you take the good decision, you can continue if you use move and combo whit good wake up game :)

it 's the same for Amy, and that why she is sooo powerfull

hey mr. impaler.

First - you make a fool of yourself posting frame data related stuff along with combos that arent even remotely guaranteed. I wonder who you hit with that, a dummy in practice mode?

Second - learn to read. There are tons of info on this SA (thank you , dear myself) so at least bother to check out Combos thread. There are even videos to help you learn faster.

Hey, Akire - 33B doesnt give enough advantage. I only use it when opp is low on health, otherwise I use 66A+B instead. (44B near wall/edge of course). And for wakeup - > use more RLC, its important for wake up.
2KB is bad wake, if they get hit by 2K otg they can guard the B part TT.
Hope that helps.

hey mr. impaler.

First - you make a fool of yourself posting frame data related stuff along with combos that arent even remotely guaranteed. I wonder who you hit with that, a dummy in practice mode?

Second - learn to read. There are tons of info on this SA (thank you , dear myself) so at least bother to check out Combos thread. There are even videos to help you learn faster.

What he actually is trying to say : Welcome on 8wayrun!

:)

I don't use the B of 2kB, just the 2k. After 2k, all the opponent wake up for block B and punish. So I do just 2k, he wake up, and now, i have a large advantage.

Record that for computer in training: 2K->b6

Now, go on the ground, get hit by 2K -> okizeme and try to do b6, and see what happen. You can try with WS K directly if you want to.

1B push to far for a good wake up. RLC is the best, but against Cassy, some time, when you have more health than her, it's good to stay safe XD.

So 2K is here for some reason : when the opponent like to stay on the ground, after be hit by 2K, opponent will wake up to block the B, or hit when they see that the B don't come. In this case, you can try a b6 for CH! It's not safe if opponent block, but nobody will punish you. You can't step not like 11K :'( . You have a not bad wake up, better than 1B. Against some guys, it's CH open bar :D.

Hey Akire. thx for explanation. Against Cassy though its not as safe... she can just try 236 all the time and if she get hit by B she can punish on hit still TT
Do you know how much advantage exactly 2K otg gives?

+2 if the opponent wake up with a WS directly, and I don't know after a okizeme, but I think it's more than +5 (maybe I'm wrong).

2K is not safe but can you confirm that the follows up does not come ?

The probleme of 2K OTG is, if opponent wake up and are hit normally, you lost priorities :/ . So I use it near a edge/wall when opponent don't want to wake up quickly for going. Generally they wake up just after to be hit otg by 2K. If they mash, 6K CH -> RO/wall combo or 3A ch etc...

Back