Keeping your offense going

Fame96

[08] Mercenary
We all know that nightmare eventally needs to play aggressive. So let's make this thread for the sake of letting new nightmare players now offense 101 nightmare's way.

If you play aggressively against someone who knows the matchup (Disregarding spamming 66B, 66A, ag:A, most safe moves etc) you will be on the losing battle. A different type of aggressiveness would be punishing the ever daylights out of your opponent when they mess up, and it has happened to me countless times when I get a little over-zealous.

But if you punish the opponent a lot, in a way you're psychologically breaking them, which will eventually lead to them being more conservative so you can control the pace of battle how ever you want. Granted a fair few of the high level Nightmare's play that way. Just my piece!

If you play aggressively against someone who knows the matchup (Disregarding spamming 66B, 66A, ag:A, most safe moves etc) you will be on the losing battle. A different type of aggressiveness would be punishing the ever daylights out of your opponent when they mess up, and it has happened to me countless times when I get a little over-zealous.

But if you punish the opponent a lot, in a way you're psychologically breaking them, which will eventually lead to them being more conservative so you can control the pace of battle how ever you want. Granted a fair few of the high level Nightmare's play that way. Just my piece!
Good piece. This should help the new players out. One thing I want to throw in is to learn to effectively whiff punish. Most of the time I don't try to side or back step if the move is more than -8 ( the only exception is 44A).

Back