Leixia CE Interrupts

Also, can someone test any of these strings for me?
Yoshi
- 3AB/3A BE (has a delay)
- 66A BE
- 6KK
- FC 1KK series

Zwei
- 3AA (has a delay)

Omega
- 11AA (has delay)

Alpha
- FC 3B:B

Works against Yoshis 66A BE, 6KK, but nothing else of your list. But I wouldn't use it against either of those: His 66A BE can be stepped on reaction on punished more easily with more damage, and his 6KK can be interrupted and punished more easily with more damage (3B).

The idea of this thread is great, but I don't think that interrupt CE is the best answer to all of the moves listed in the first post.
I personally think it's great against Violas 44A BE (because Leixia can't step it), ZWEIs 66A+B, Ivys 22(B) and Astas 4K-series (because Leixia can't escape the mixup by stepping at closerange). Great to know this stuff.

Last edited:
Works against Yoshis 66A BE, 6KK, but nothing else of your list. But I wouldn't use it against either of those: His 66A BE can be stepped on reaction on punished more easily with more damage, and his 6KK can be interrupted and punished more easily with more damage (3B).

The idea of this thread is great, but I don't think that interrupt CE is the best answer to all of the moves listed in the first post.
I personally think it's great against Violas 44A BE (because Leixia can't step it), ZWEIs 66A+B, Ivys 22 and Astas 4K-series (because Leixia can't escape the mixup by stepping at closerange). Great to know this stuff.

Ok thanks. With Asta 4KK, Leixia's 6B also works at close range to interrupt. (2A also works unless he does the crouch throw)

As for the list of the moves, you're right. It's true that in some cases you're better off beating strings by stepping/Ducking/JGing/etc. But I also think it's good idea to know this, just because it prevents any sort of "mixup" between using the whole string and not using it. (ie: Mitsu 3B BE).

It's not something that will be game-breaking since Leixia won't have a full CE every time, but I personally like the fact that you don't need to let unsafe moves go unpunished out of fear they might finish a string.

You're right, 6B also works, but the timing is really tricky here.

But I also think it's good idea to know this, just because it prevents any sort of "mixup" between using the whole string and not using it. (ie: Mitsu 3B BE).

Exactly. That's where interrupt CE is great. But that's not the case for every move in the list.

Still, I figure we should just find whatever we can and single out the most practical ones afterward. (maybe put a star next to them or something, I dunno...) Then I can put those in some kind of video.

Still, I figure we should just find whatever we can and single out the most practical ones afterward. (maybe put a star next to them or something, I dunno...) Then I can put those in some kind of video.
I think a complete punishment video with each character should include CE as interrupt for certain strings like Mitsu's FC1BB(first hit is -12), Leixia's WS A+B Series(first hit is -18), Leixia's 66BB series when JG, Leixia's 22_88kAA series(third hit is -12), and Leixia's 11_77A series(first hit is -16) and even on hit it interrrupted because it -4 on hit.

Leixia can probably just AA (and AAB/BE hit CH confirm) out of Mitsu FC 1BB, right? Or does FC 1B on its own push out too far for AA to punish?

Leixia can probably just AA (and AAB/BE hit CH confirm) out of Mitsu FC 1BB, right? Or does FC 1B on its own push out too far for AA to punish?

I may have to re-test, but I'm pretty sure AA won't reach unless it's point blank.

Raph 3B/3B~Prep stance - Punishes 3B and interrupts stance. If for some reason it trades whiffs vs Prep A+B, you still get a free AA. Best to attempt this inside max range

Yeah you can do those, but the original purpose for this thread was to find moves that CE punishes on the first hit, while also interrupting the followups.

I personally like AA BE vs Maxi 3rd hit, and stepping vs Pyrrha's 3rd. Especially if near an edge or wall. That shit ends games.

I almost forgot about this stuff. Need to keep the things of this thread better in mind.

I started using one of the more useful interrupts today in some online matches (ZWEI 66A+B).

I guess I will start testing/practicing more stuff in the future (for EBO), maybe I'll find something new... but maybe not lol.

Last edited:
CE is not guaranteed against ZWEI 66A+B as far as I know. A slightly charged 66A+B beats CE, though it makes it possible to step I think. So there's a second tier of mindgames but it's not guaranteed.

CE is not guaranteed against ZWEI 66A+B as far as I know. A slightly charged 66A+B beats CE, though it makes it possible to step I think. So there's a second tier of mindgames but it's not guaranteed.
CE beats all 66A+B variants. 66A+B during an EIN cooldown is -19

No Hyrul is right. There is a timing where CE gets interrupted. It also makes it so she can't step/1B+K either. But it's very strict timing, almost JF like. You can sort of do a slightly delayed CE to stop it, but again, it's coming down to an unlikely read

You can interrupt Siegfried's CH A between the two hits with her CE.
His CH A his even safe to her CE on JG, so a CE interrupt might be worth considering.

Do you also know the situation where Siegfrieds hits you with his CH A (after moves like 3(B) on midrange) but his second A swing whiffs? If the first swing pushes you away so far that his second swing will whiff, you can whiffpunish with CE.

This could be nice for 22B (or 228B for a larger step to the same direction) to be used against Siegs 3B on midrange, because the only horizontal from his stance guarantees Leixia a CE if it hits.

EDIT1: It's already on the first page in Heaton's post that you can interrupt CH A/[A].

EDIT2: Maxis WR B+K. Yes.

Last edited:
Algol
WS K[K]
This Interrupt works if Algol delays the 2nd part of WS K Series. Algol's WS K = -14.

Astaroth
1AA_1177AA
1AB_11_77AB
This Interrupt works at Close Range Only and 1A_11_77A = -19

BB
BB6
Astaroth's B is -12 punishable at Close Range Only, but interrupts the 2nd Hit at All Ranges.

WS KA
CE Punishes WS K & Interrupts The 2nd Hit.

33_66_99AB_33_66_99A
CE Punishes 33_66_99A on it's own at Close Range Only, but interrupts the 2nd Hit at All Ranges.

Cervantes
22_88A[BE]
CE Punishes 22_88A & Interrupts The 2nd Hit.

Dampierre
22_88K Series
CE Punishes 22_88K & Interrupts All Options.

33_99BK
This Interrupt works if Dampierre goes into PB.

Ezio
- 66BB/66BB[BE]

You can punish the first hit with CE, but if Ezio does the 2nd part you'll both whiff each other... So at least you're not risking anything by throwing it out there.
CE Interrupts The 2nd Hit at Max Range Only

Hilde
4KK
CE Punishes 4K & Interrupts The 2nd Hit.

Maxi
WS KK
WS K = -12 & Punishable at Close Range Only & Interrupts The 2nd Hit.

33_99B
CE Punishes 33_99B and beats all BL options.

22_88K_RO K Series
CE Punishes 22_88K_RO K & Interrupts The 2nd Hit.

RC KK
CE Punishes RC K & Interrupts The 2nd Hit.

Nightmare
3A2A
CE Punishes 3A & Interrupts 3A2A Only.

Pyrhha
1AA
CE Punishes 1A & Interrupts The 2nd Hit.

11_77AA
CE Punishes & Interrupts The 2nd hit.

66B[BE]
This only works when 66B is JGed. 66B on JG = -17

22_88B Series
CE Punishes Everything. 22_88B = -17

44K Series
CE Punishes 44K & Interrupts The 2nd Hit.

Pyrhha Omega
1AA

Siegfried
1A Series

22_88BB
22_88B can only be punished at Close Range Only, but Interrupts the 2nd Hit at All Ranges.

Tira
JS 11_44_77AA
CE Punishes JS 11_44_77A & Interrupt JS 11_44_77AA Only.

Viola
22_88K Series
CE Punishes 22_88K & Interrupts The 2nd Hit.

Z.W.E.I
1B Series
CE Punishes 1B on it's own, its beats 1(Slight Charge) & 1(Max), but loses to 1K(Slight Charge) unless EIN is JGed.

1K Series
CE Punishes 1K & Evades the Brave Edge version.

33_99B Series
CE Punishes 33_99B & Interrupts The Brave Edge version.

Last edited:
Back