Less-Used Moves

Ivy useless moves

I agree 22A just seems like a gimmick move it's also very unsafe like a lot of her less used moves someone like mitsu will punish her when she uses this move
i use WP 22a to set up for SS (only against noob because most people will use BT moves) it works well if you scare them into thinking your going to combo then hit em with a grab. but outside of that its trash.

yes i know there are better set ups BUT would you really expect to be SS'd out of a less used move.

Ivy useless moves

I dunno you get 2 things happen usually after that. They use BT moves and CH you or they duck. These are very common and makes it too risky. Best to do something tricky or do a nice SG pressure move.

SS set ups are best out of coiled or while running. It's not like CS where theres a ton of great ways to do it WR to make it awkward to see coming and everything is fast and scary. people are more patient with Ivy WP mode and are looking for punish opportunities everywhere.

Ivy useless moves

I dunno you get 2 things happen usually after that. They use BT moves and CH you or they duck. These are very common and makes it too risky.

Thats why i only use it on noobs or if i "train" my opponent to block.
But your right there are a ton of good set ups out of coiled.

O and By Train i mean us WP 22A then 6AA about 3 times then the will guard because the think 6A:A is coming and the hit em with SS

Ivy useless moves

nother usless move CL 4A. At first i thought this was a hidden gem as a GC that is often blocked...then I took a look at it's data.

It's slow, high, STILL negative on block (The fuck is the point of Ivy GB?!?), has no combo potential (g9B maybe), and worse after being a duckable slow move with no high damage output or positive frames...it breaks in 50+.

Ivy useless moves

Have you guys even checked WP 22_88A frames? =P It's +11 on hit. That means they won't be able to do anything to you. You have the advantage, they can only guess what will you do. I'd say tha WP 22_88A4 is useless. It does only 5 damage more and leaves you in BT with no mixup, because opponent is too far for BT 2K or BT A+B to connect. It would be cool if it did noticable more damage than normal 22_88A, or leave you with some mixup like BT throw/2K/something but it doesn't...

CL 4A, I don't use it much, but it has its uses. It's the only safe post-GI option for RO and damage in CL (4A, 236BB is a 56dmg combo) There are plenty of worse moves than this.

Ivy useless moves

hmm above earliest i was talkin bout SW 22A...as for WP I was thinkin the 5 more dmg version...which i hate. But I guess SS is valid with +11 and them BT.

Back