Mapping The Controller

TxA

[09] Warrior
Having watched a few tournament-level videos, I noticed that many players choose to remap their controller to something else. I know for certain characters this is essential, such as for Yoshimitsu where his A+K inputs are a pain on default layout, but is there any point doing it for Natsu?

I've stuck with the default layout since day one and the only inputs I make mistakes on are the B+K ones, but it's usually rare. Sometimes I might hit a K instead of a B+K by accident and so forth.

Out of interest, do any of you make control changes? If so, what are they and why have you made them?

Thanks,
TxA.

Nothing to do with Natsu but I got L1 as A+B and R1 as B+K. Rest unchanged. Still mad I don't have a taunt button.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll probably swap out A+G for A+K as I'm trying to make Yoshimitsu my 2nd, and he has a bunch of moves with A+K, namely his seppuku move which I love doing after I KO someone.

Yeah hitting A and G together is quite easy. I realised how badly I done myself in by making the swap when I was trying to do Natsu's reverse grapple BE. Kept pressing LB and RT for it, realised I left it on A+K. Cost me the match.

I'll try getting used to pressing A and G buttons for the grapple instead of LB (L1). Ideally I'd keep swapping back and forth when I change character, but that's not viable as one cannot change settings during an online fight.

By the way, I play online regularly, usually on everyday. My Xbox Live gamertag is 'Total x Avenger', 'TxA' for short, just in case any other Natsu fans here still play on XBL. I'd love to play some mirror matches; it's the best way for me to improve.

...Out of interest, do any of you make control changes? If so, what are they and why have you made them?

Thanks,
TxA.

TxA, I just read your thread post. For Natsu, I map my controller with LB(L1) = :B+G:; LT(L2) = :A+B+K:; RB(R1) = :A+B:; RT(R2) = :A+K:.
:A+G:, yes, is easy enough to pull off in my opinion as well just by using my right thumb to press both the buttons simultaneously. I'll some times follow that thumb with my left index finger on the :A+B+K: (LT_L2) to perform her :A+G: :BE: throw. Her :6::6::B+G: I could do just by inputting the direction command and LB(L1). I have no use for :A+K: with Natsu, although I try to use that with Siegfried to do his HIGHLY DIFFICULT to do command, :aG::A:. (To this day I still cannot get it spot on, even though I'm stubborn enough to still keep that mapping) = RTaRT(R2xR2). That can work however.

*sigh* Maybe I'll try to map the buttons --> LB(L1) = :G:; X(SQUARE) = :A:; Y(TRIANGLE) = :B:; RB(R1) = :K:; LT(L2) = :A+B+K:; RT(R2) = :A+B:. Imagining in my head that the standard throws can be done with my left index on (LB_L1) = :G: and right thumb on (X_SQUARE) = :A:_(Y_TRIANGLE) = :B:. :A+K: could be X+RB(SQUARE+R1). :B+K: would be easy enough. :A+B: is mapped. Taunt is just the two top buttons, but may NOT work during Training Mode. We could always map B(CIRCLE) and press it with :G: to taunt in Training Mode.

How's your Yoshimitsu mapping til this time now?

It's been a long time since I made that post. I actually think the default layout is well-suited for Nat. I still use the default layout with A+K on LB and A grab by pressing the default A and G buttons together. She's A+B heavy so I think keeping A+B mapped to a single button is vital. Her B+K move-set has minimal use, I also press B and K together for those moves and rarely get a mis-input.

A few of my posts on the Natsu SA I made when I just started playing this game, like this one, so take that into consideration please lol.

I haven't bothered changing A+K back to A+G because I'm used to pressing A and G together for A grab now, and I tech A using A+K so it would be no different if it was A+G mapped there instead. I don't really use Yoshi as much now but having A+K there just in case is not bad.

I would keep the buttons to default for Nat instead of trying to come up with a custom layout for her. I don't really see a purpose or benefit in changing anything except maybe for putting B+K on LB and removing A+G, but like I said, her B+K moves are rather fringe and I don't personally have any issue using B and K buttons together for them.

EDIT: I only mapped A+K because I couldn't seem to press A and K without also hitting G or B and messing up the input, it was just too awkward to do. B+K on the other hand is much easier to do with B and K.

I tested out everything you described that you've done. Her BE throw I'd bet by now is EASY for you to handle. An A+K mapped button I ONLY see Natsu doing is doing her 6AK move by pressing 6 and the mapped button twice, which I find not so practical anyway.

...A few of my posts on the Natsu SA I made when I just started playing this game, like this one, so take that into consideration please lol...

It's cool.

...I haven't bothered changing A+K back to A+G because I'm used to pressing A and G together for A grab now, and I tech A using A+K so it would be no different if it was A+G mapped there instead. I don't really use Yoshi as much now but having A+K there just in case is not bad...

I'm trying out Yoshimitsu with your mapping and whoa... is that A+K ever useful. Even if you had him as your secondary, you'd still rock out with him if you use him as much now as you did then.

...EDIT: I only mapped A+K because I couldn't seem to press A and K without also hitting G or B and messing up the input, it was just too awkward to do. B+K on the other hand is much easier to do with B and K.

Man, I'd say you've been good to go.

I tested out everything you described that you've done. Her BE throw I'd bet by now is EASY for you to handle. An A+K mapped button I ONLY see Natsu doing is doing her 6AK move by pressing 6 and the mapped button twice, which I find not so practical anyway.
BE throw was never hard in the first place, you just press A and G buttons then A+B+K which is RT for me. Now you're just thinking too hard about how to apply A+K to Natsu lol. There's no use for it really.

I made this thread ages ago when I didn't have a clue about this game ;) I wouldn't mind if it was locked actually.

Add me on XBL if you want hwang, you seem to be posting quite a bit here but as you can see it's dead here now lol, just me it seems. I can help you in game if you want to improve with Nat, or I can answer questions on here.

About A+K, my point exactly, for real. As for your post, I know you wrote this a LOOONG time ago. I just thought I'd share my thoughts on how I map my Natsu. I'm only just reading this since two days ago. LOL
It IS too bad that I don't have an XBL account, but I do appreciate that you're willing to answer questions I may have with Nats' game. I may be a veteran, but I'm a scrub-veteran. Not a veteran-scrub though. Don't get those mixed up. *laughing silently*

Hmm maybe consider getting XBL. I'm doing the same for PSN but finding a copy of SC5 isn't exactly easy it seems. Yeah feel free to message me with anything you are unsure of about Nat.

I play on PlayStation, and this is my mapping: X - G, Square - A, Triangle - B, Circle - K, L1 - A+G, R1 - B+G, L2 - A+B, R2 - A+B+K. In SCV there are no chracters I use where A+K would be essential, but in SCIV Taki and Siegfried are my mains and for taki A+K is very important, so I have that set to R1. BTW, I never tried an arcade stick, but I use the Dualshock 4, it's way better than the Dualshock 3, much more comfortable, and it works with SoulCalibur just fine, so I recommend using Dualshock 4 on your PS3.

Draggonnfs, just curious. In SCIV Taki, how would you manage a B+G throw in case you'd want to do a higher damaging 66B+G?

Hmm maybe consider getting XBL. I'm doing the same for PSN but finding a copy of SC5 isn't exactly easy it seems. Yeah feel free to message me with anything you are unsure of about Nat.

Oh wait, yesterday I searched on PSN and I found something there. On PSN, you can go get a DLG copy of SCV on PSN for $19.99 if that's a doable option.

...Afraid I'd have to opt out in owning an XBOX 360 however.

Back