Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. αPatroklos

I'm bumping this thread since I'm having difficulty figuring out how to deal with this match up.

Sidestep. Lots and lots of sidestepping. AA his face on -11 or more moves. Don't do moves that are -8 or more when he's got a full bar. Watch out for his 2K as it's actually +2 on hit.

Edit: Because Synraii so thoughtfully pointed out to me that I originally went a bit overboard: When I said "Don't do moves that are -8 or more when he's got a full bar", I meant "Don't overuse them when he's got a full bar".

No Alpha will use his CE to punish a -8 move unless it's going to end the round. Not even if Alpha's desperate. It just doesn't do enough damage to change momentum.

Remember that you have to tech left against twister, and you should almost always tech, because a TRUE twister>twister combo is actually hard to do, especially online or under duress. If you stay downed you will always get hit by the second one.

I really need help on this matchup. It took me about ten tries to beat an A3 aPat in quick battle. So sidestepping, teching left for twister combos. Anything else? I just tried to space him out with 6A+B and 3B+K, and try to be as safe as possible.

I really need help on this matchup. It took me about ten tries to beat an A3 aPat in quick battle. So sidestepping, teching left for twister combos. Anything else? I just tried to space him out with 6A+B and 3B+K, and try to be as safe as possible.
I wouldn't worry about quick battle... it is the AI after all. Real people are different. In any case this is a tough matchup for her. You want to try to stay out of range of his 1A;A;A and 1B:B since that's his best mid/low mixup. BB and 2B are actually decent moves against him, as Woahhzz pointed out to me that it covers a specific distance where Alpha can't out poke her very well. 2K as always, is strong at that range. These moves won't give much damage, but will disrupt his movement and flow.

Other than that, step mostly to his back side. (the direction he faces away from) since 33B/WS B/most verticals will always get stepped. 66B is the only one that can track to that side so be careful of that too. 44B+K can be used sometimes to keep Alpha from spamming 33B to catch backdash. He also has a 2A that combos into CE (lost like 12 matches to that garbage last time I played Woahhzz, lol... I'm alone in thinking it's dumb, apparently) So... I dunno try to avoid that when he has a lot of meter.

I wouldn't worry about quick battle... it is the AI after all. Real people are different. In any case this is a tough matchup for her. You want to try to stay out of range of his 1A;A;A and 1B:B since that's his best mid/low mixup. BB and 2B are actually decent moves against him, as Woahhzz pointed out to me that it covers a specific distance where Alpha can't out poke her very well. 2K as always, is strong at that range. These moves won't give much damage, but will disrupt his movement and flow.

Other than that, step mostly to his back side. (the direction he faces away from) since 33B/WS B/most verticals will always get stepped. 66B is the only one that can track to that side so be careful of that too. 44B+K can be used sometimes to keep Alpha from spamming 33B to catch backdash. He also has a 2A that combos into CE (lost like 12 matches to that garbage last time I played Woahhzz, lol... I'm alone in thinking it's dumb, apparently) So... I dunno try to avoid that when he has a lot of meter.

Im not so worried about losing to the AI as I am worried about having no idea what to do against A pat lol. So try and space him out not to get hit by 1AAA and 1BB, I was doing that already. The BB stuff is great though thanks.

And yeah the AI connected the CE off of 2A all the time. That shit is ridiculous lol.

236 makes all his moves track, unfortunately.

I think the use of 2A into CE is more prominent in this matchup, because A+G into 2A BE doesn't connect on Leixia, so he can use meter on other things.

I think the use of 2A into CE is more prominent in this matchup, because A+G into 2A BE doesn't connect on Leixia, so he can use meter on other things.
Apparently holding 4(or 2 forgot which lol) when doing grab and/or 8A+B, B lets 2A BE connect.

Interesting. I have never actually seen anyone do that, though. Not sure how viable that is. In general Leixia players don't have to face 50/50 100dmg throw mixu-ups.

The only way to combo CE after A+G/B+G imo is:

1) Near wall 214B+G, 2A, CE
2) 214B+G, CE
3)A+G, 8A+BB, CE (slide), JF Twister

not sure if it's possible to combo into JF twister in the last one, though.

Interesting. I have never actually seen anyone do that, though. Not sure how viable that is. In general Leixia players don't have to face 50/50 100dmg throw mixu-ups.

The only way to combo CE after A+G/B+G imo is:

1) Near wall 214B+G, 2A, CE
2) 214B+G, CE
3)A+G, 8A+BB, CE (slide), JF Twister

not sure if it's possible to combo into JF twister in the last one, though.

Ill have to test some of this stuff out so I know what to expect. thanks.

236 makes all his moves track, unfortunately.

Really? every time I stepped 33B to that side I was fine. It tracked like a damn magnet to the other side though. (I was 8WRing and it still tracked, lol.)

I just think 2A is so stupidly easy to land that no character should be getting 60+ off it, ever.

Really? every time I stepped 33B to that side I was fine. It tracked like a damn magnet to the other side though. (I was 8WRing and it still tracked, lol.)

I just think 2A is so stupidly easy to land that no character should be getting 60+ off it, ever.
Depends if he was using 2363B or normal 33B, and how much it was delayed after 236. If you ever get the chance to check, try for example recording with Alpha 2A > 236~6B/3B etc, but try to delay 6B/3B a bit. When you block his 2A and then step~G/quick step~G,the next move will track both sides, which is stupid. In order to avoid the follow-up you need to keep 8wayrunning until it whiffs.

33B does have a weaker side, but it can still track both with 236 because it re-aligns Alpha toward the opponent =s

Another stupid thing imo, is that in SCV a lot of verticals will track (and CH) your character to both sides if you cancel step into attack. In order to whiff punish those moves, you have to do a full side step and then attack. If you cancel your side step in the middle of the animation, you die. This is extremely annoying.Another example with Alpha: his BB (blocked) into 2363B. If you block BB and then step into 3B (or anything else) anticipating a vertical ,he will always track you, left and right and always CH you. You need to wait until side step ends, and then whiff punish. It's a good thing to remember!

On top of that, 8wayrun, side step and quick step all have different probabilities of avoiding certain verticals.

Depends if he was using 2363B or normal 33B, and how much it was delayed after 236. If you ever get the chance to check, try for example recording with Alpha 2A > 236~6B/3B etc, but try to delay 6B/3B a bit. When you block his 2A and then step~G/quick step~G,the next move will track both sides, which is stupid. In order to avoid the follow-up you need to keep 8wayrunning until it whiffs.

33B does have a weaker side, but it can still track both with 236 because it re-aligns Alpha toward the opponent =s

Another stupid thing imo, is that in SCV a lot of verticals will track (and CH) your character to both sides if you cancel step into attack. In order to whiff punish those moves, you have to do a full side step and then attack. If you cancel your side step in the middle of the animation, you die. This is extremely annoying.Another example with Alpha: his BB (blocked) into 2363B. If you block BB and then step into 3B (or anything else) anticipating a vertical ,he will always track you, left and right and always CH you. You need to wait until side step ends, and then whiff punish. It's a good thing to remember!

On top of that, 8wayrun, side step and quick step all have different probabilities of avoiding certain verticals.

Ugh... the problem with the "waiting till step ends" approach is it's really hard to confirm the whiff in time for a hard hitting punish. Like a iFC 3B or something. Guess 6KK will have to do...

I'll try this stuff out later and see. Good to know though.

This also pisses me off. Ring basically nailed it...you attack to early after a step and 2363B gets his magic hitbox, its nuts. Same for 66B etc...i really dislike how vertical moves track after your step when you attack too early. Especially Alphas 33B, which of course once again is the worst of all due to the ch damage it gives him.

Thanks very much for this, very useful. I find that many times even if you succeed in stepping Alpha, any vertical used as punishment will often whiff because of his forward motion, which is another infuriating problem with this character.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if someone could force Maxou to read your post and then to write an essay about it afterwards.

This also pisses me off. Ring basically nailed it...you attack to early after a step and 2363B gets his magic hitbox, its nuts. Same for 66B etc...i really dislike how vertical moves track after your step when you attack too early. Especially Alphas 33B, which of course once again is the worst of all due to the ch damage it gives him.

Well, I suppose if you really aren't sure if his 33B will track, Leixia can use 22B+K aGI every so often.

Back