Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Maxi

In french, but still helpful...

I struggle sooooooo much against Maxi. Basically cos I'm a scrub and I can't help but press buttons...

Does anyone have any general tips? Or should I literally stand there and hold block until he stops flailing about?

PS. dat Maxi damage!!!? :/

I need help determining when he's vulnerable. When he's swinging at me it seems like he always has frame advantage e_e Even though I know he doesn't. I'm just swinging at the wrong time.

I need help determining when he's vulnerable. When he's swinging at me it seems like he always has frame advantage e_e Even though I know he doesn't. I'm just swinging at the wrong time.
Here's an excellent thread that analyzes his stance entrances and what can and can't interrupt the followups.

I don't fully understand the lingo that person is using to describe Maxi's moves. After a while of reading through it, it started to look like Calculus. Dx

I just wanna know when I can interrupt his bs. I've learned quite a bit for Viola after all my hate and now she's not such a problem. But dat Maxi pad. ><

I don't fully understand the lingo that person is using to describe Maxi's moves. After a while of reading through it, it started to look like Calculus. Dx

I just wanna know when I can interrupt his bs. I've learned quite a bit for Viola after all my hate and now she's not such a problem. But dat Maxi pad. ><
It is very hard, and the only way to deal with it is to play Maxi a lot and try to get used to his strings. It might be a good idea to try to identify particular strings that are giving you trouble and train against them. For example, go into training and record him doing 4BBK or 1BAK and try different things to see if you can step or duck or interrupt.

For a quick fix, a nice thing to do with Leixia against Maxi is to try to keep him at close-mid range, and then when he starts his stance stuff, use 44B to dodge his next attack and stab him. It won't solve all the problems but it can help. In the long run, it takes a lot of practice and training because it can be hard to recognise his moves at times.

The thing is, I used to dabble in his style in IV. So what he is doing now is not unfamiliar so much that I don't know what the heck he's doing. It is just the openings, I think are there, really are not. When I think I have frame advantage on block, I don't. When I think my move is faster than the next one in his combo, it is not and I take a beating Viola style.

Also, when I have the opportunity, I feel like I'm not dealing enough damage with Leixia. I know some nice combos but it feels like a complete waste to throw her CE at the end of a combo compared to baiting out counter damage with 4K on their block then CE right after because they think it's "their turn" to start a move. Lol!! (Works like a charm.)

I'll jump into Training Mode for 45mins and see how much progress I make.

Back