Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Xiba

I feel like this match up is pretty even (my friend plays Xiba) though Xiba has a lot of tricky lows, I feel like Leixia can pretty much block them pretty easy considering most of her offense is crouching. Quick lows can be tech'd by WR B and those sweeping lows are pretty slow, though Xiba does a hell lot of damage if he manages to catch you.

Mystical, I'm almost slightly curious to ask why. Unless I'm severely unlucky, the 4A+B impacts Horizontal Highs, Mids, Special Mids, and Special Lows, right? So why against him specifically is it so useful, if I may ask? Am I missing something, or am I just thinking too hard? It seems he ends in lots of kicks...

The only things Leixia should need to worry about in this matchup are his CE (she has lots of mids and slow lows) and his 22b since it's a TC from step. Her AA punishes a lot of otherwise safe Xiba moves like his 6A.

She has speed and pressure which makes Xiba have to take risks to get her away from him, but she can also play the mid range game with 3B and 44A. I also play a bit of Xiba too, and as of right now, even though Xiba has damage, I don't see how this is in his favor.

4A+B against Xiba.

Xiba AAK - Use 4A+B right after you block the first hit. It will aGI the second A from Xiba and start your 4A+B combos.

Xiba 66BBB - Use 4A+B right after you block the first hit, Xiba will whiff the second hit giving you a free 4A+B into combos etc.

When you land 4A+B you can then string into the appropriate combos etc etc.

Make sure you watch for the second hit to come out before using 4A+B.

Snip,

Xiba 66BBB - Use 4A+B right after you block the first hit, Xiba will whiff the second hit giving you a free 4A+B into combos etc.

Snip,

How interesting. Whiff? The rest of the stuff I definitely knew you could do, but it makes 66BBB whiff, huh? How strange. I really need to test that a little bit. Wonder what else it'll work for, I was using normal impact or trying to Just Guard the last hit.

After the first hit of Xiba 66KBBB, you can 1B+K to autostep and counter him. You can manually QS the hit as well by stepping to his left (not right!), as in using 22 if you are on 1P side and he is on P2 side.

This one's REALLY weird, but if you block the first hit of Xiba's 33K,B then intentionally 2G the second hit to let it hit you, the final hit will whiff and leave him at BT, giving you a free BT B+K combo. Timing is somewhat tight.

If Xiba tries to catch you with the final hit of A+B B K (BE) on block, you can use 3A A or iWR B to beat him out.

Xiba's FC A+B can be stepped or 1B+K'd after the first hit is blocked.

Here's an excellent training exercise I made to counter Xiba:
Record 66BBB to Record Slot 1, 6A kBE to Record Slot 2, and A A K to Record Slot 3

Set the CPU to All Guard for action 1, then set them to Replay - Random for action 2.

When you're ready, tap the dummy then react according to the animation of the first strike. If it/s 66BBB, block 1 hit then input 22 3A+B, FC3B. If it's 6A kBE, block 1 hit then input 88 CH1A, 3A+B, FC3B. If it's A A K, block 1 hit then input aGI 4A+B.

It takes a lot of practice to get this down, but Xiba loses his bite really quick when you can do this consistently.

Xiba vs Leixia is 5/5 (6/4 to Xiba if he's able to JG)

The matchup is really momentum based; once someone gets going offense/defense wise it can be really hard for the other. She can lock him down and make it hard for him to do anything. She can do a couple of things that not too many other characters can (do some research!)

HOWEVER, Xiba's damage output is super high (3BKK as a whiff punish is too good). Also, Xiba punishes wsB brave edge better than anyone else imo. If Xiba can JG, alot of her important moves become really unsafe:

3B
22B
66AA

So...that's my take on it.

I agree with the 5/5 rating. However, I don't think JG should be a basis for a matchup rating simply because every character can JG. It does feel like a momentum based matchup. If Xiba has a big life lead and forces Leixia into a linear mindset trying to close distance, it'll be tough for her. And conversely, if Leixia has a big life lead and/or gauge advantage, Xiba will have to play at her pace. Sounds about right to me.

Some stuff most people already know I think:

Interrupt 6AK and 6BK with:
- 4K ~ 3B for 32dmg instead of 26dmg because it hits on CH and from behind
- 4K ~ CE for 76dmg instead of 69dmg -"-
- 2A

Do 2A and you get a free FC3B/backthrow mixup on Xiba. If he tries to attack or step, FC3B always hits on CH, if he holds G, it's a free backthrow.

Interrupt all of his stupid 3(B) RMB and 3BK stuff with:
- 6KK

It will beat every stance follow-up, crouch the kick and it won't get countered by B+K itself because it's a vertical kick. Sometimes only the first hit connects because you hit him airborne. It only loses to 3B guard, but most Xibas try to continue their game on block.

Do 2A and you get a free FC3B/backthrow mixup on Xiba. If he tries to attack or step, FC3B always hits on CH, if he holds G, it's a free backthrow.

Actually I didn't know she got a free BT Throw after 2A. I figured he was out of range. Also didn't know about 4K beating the K after 6B.

6KK does work vs 3BK/3B~REM but sometimes the K will still hit if you mistime the 6KK. So personally, I hesitate to use it there. Still not a bad idea though.

I would recommend doing Leixia 3B against Xiba 3B if you can react that fast. It will TC under 3B K, and launch him if he goes into REM. More importantly, it is much less punishable if he does an empty 3B. If you do 6KK and it gets blocked, you'll get another 3BKK in the face and it will hurt.

I would recommend doing Leixia 3B against Xiba 3B if you can react that fast. It will TC under 3B K, and launch him if he goes into REM. More importantly, it is much less punishable if he does an empty 3B. If you do 6KK and it gets blocked, you'll get another 3BKK in the face and it will hurt.

I'm pretty sure I tested 3B and it didn't work, not sure though.
But you're wrong about the punishment. 6KK is -16, Xiba's 3B is i19, so no 3B punishment.

I'm pretty sure I tested 3B and it didn't work, not sure though.
But you're wrong about the punishment. 6KK is -16, Xiba's 3B is i19, so no 3B punishment.
Oh yeah i19, my mistake sorry, 6KK not too risky then.

I'll test 3B again but I'm pretty sure this is the best option.

Oh yeah i19, my mistake sorry, 6KK not too risky then.

I'll test 3B again but I'm pretty sure this is the best option.
there is no way 3b works,because 3b k is to fast.
this is what i do staight after 3b i use 4A it TC on frame one,it will hit xiba while hes in the air so a follow up 3b will net you 34 damage,66k for 36.
you can even do 4a into 3b+k for 42 and 4A into 6B+K 46 damage
if he blocks after 3b you'll be at - 2 so a follow up frame trap is possible,but 3b works fine as a follow up.

Ok, 3B does not duck under 3BK. So the best way is 4A and 6KK.
4A loses to 3(B) RMB AK, but gives a frame trap on block.
6KK beats everything, but is -16 on block.

Back