Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Z.W.E.I.

Well... I feel like a real scrub right now after getting beat so bad by Stryder's Zwei online. Not that Stryder is bad, he's actually a good player, but I know I was getting gimmicked a lot due to my unfamiliarity with the character. At any rate, I'm uploading some vids now of our matches, cause I need someone to explain what I'm supposed to do against Zwei.

She's his worst matchup? Lol, now I really look like garbage. I can't imagine Leixia being anyone's worst match, but I'll take your word for it. Crybaby, huh? I suppose I should abuse that move more in general.

Anyway here's the vid. I can't really tell the difference between 1{B} and {B} and my Guard was getting crushed way too fast. No answers for his keepout right now.

I honestly don't know this matchup well either, and ironically my Cervantes does better than Leixia against him...

From playing against Zwei, 3B techs under his vertical summons or whatever you want to call them. And if he ever holds, I just 3B that as well. Me and my scrub tactics.

ZWEI can be quite unsafe and linear, both of which are things Leixia can easily exploit. WR B beats a lot of his mix-ups. I think the main thing is to avoid getting hit by his big damage stuff, so move well outside of his range and be patient.

It's only 3 fights but you can watch my match vs Toilet in the Vegas finals to get some ideas if you like. I personally feel this match-up is easily in Leixia's favour.

ZWEI can be quite unsafe and linear, both of which are things Leixia can easily exploit. WR B beats a lot of his mix-ups. I think the main thing is to avoid getting hit by his big damage stuff, so move well outside of his range and be patient.

It's only 3 fights but you can watch my match vs Toilet in the Vegas finals to get some ideas if you like. I personally feel this match-up is easily in Leixia's favour.

See, I thought he was linear too but then I kept getting hit by his 66A and the EIN from 1{B} at times. (I realize now that if he charges EIN, EIN's range reaches much farther out.) I didn't use a lot of WS B, so many that's something to consider in the future. I'll check out your vids though.

Did you see anything in my matches that I was doing wrong though? His guard game seems tons better than Leixia's own.

Did you see anything in my matches that I was doing wrong though? His guard game seems tons better than Leixia's own.
Mainly WR B will help. It's only a couple of matches but you played pretty well and had life leads in many rounds.. You then got all defensive and let him get back in a lot. That would have been ok but you missed some free damage.

His anti-step is pretty weak so don't worry about getting hit once or twice.

Once he knocks you down he's strong, so either crybaby his mix-up if he's too close, or just block out his attacks. Watch out for his A grab when he has meter, especially near a wall/edge, otherwise B is more dangerous.

You moved well at range but missed some whiff punishment. It's probably unfamiliarity with his moves. If you had whiffpunished better, and punished some unsafe moves like A+B, you would've won easily.

Yeah, after watching it again I should've been 6KK-ing his A+B. Crybaby would definitely help as you and Babalook said. Thanks. I also kept eating his 4B(BE) because that's the first time I've seen it delayed like that. (I almost forgot he had that BE at all) I wish I had more matches to show, including the one I actually win. but online replays only save 8 matches at a time.

It bugs me that I still can't see the difference between 1{B} and {B} animation but I guess if I just duck and gamble the B damage it'll stop that 1B hold stuff.

Random fact against ZWEI:

4A after his 66B will beat the A-follow-up and any attempt of ZWEI to step after 66B. Even at tip range 4A will catch his side step.
At closerange 4A even kills his backstep. If he tries to backstep, 66BB will catch everytime, every range.
Well and if he blocks 4A it's actually a real blockstun against him.

This is the result of research after one depressing online match lol.

Random fact against ZWEI:

4A after his 66B will beat the A-follow-up and any attempt of ZWEI to step after 66B. Even at tip range 4A will catch his side step.
At closerange 4A even kills his backstep. If he tries to backstep, 66BB will catch everytime, every range.
Well and if he blocks 4A it's actually a real blockstun against him.

This is the result of research after one depressing online match lol.
Oh no! A new tactic I must come up with! gah. Well i just tried this and only GI,6A+B, and 66B+K can beat out those moves but ofc lexia has other options....oh well.

Back