Mix-up Tactics

ENDeverMORE

[09] Warrior
I've been changing my Nightmare game plan a tiny bit after reading through his moves list recently, and I've been curious how everyone else uses his mixu-up, runniing at them for a while or dashing up then using 33B/BE is a good plan, after they duck, or using a FC mid like WR(B)/WR3B and using GS the begging of a match and throwing them, after playing a feint cautious game for a few rounds
I don't actually run into many other Nightmare users in the EUR area

If the opponent is freezing up, you can do Grim Stride into WR (B) over and over. If they twitch and press a button at the wrong time it can hurt. Generally NM doesn't have the lows needed for mixups and his throws aren't that scary, so your best bet is tricking the opponent into whiffing so you get free damage. Ringouts and gauge pressure help a lot, too.

I tend to go for inturruptions too, if I can see a slow starup move coming and I can react, I use 1K a few times, to bring them to crouch, the a WR attack.
I also keep using FCA+G/FCB+G consistently so they crouch when I am, thinking I'm going to flapjack them

As far as true mixups, you mixup flapjack and throws with mids. 1A is slightly faster in this game, though it still telegraphs itself enough that most people can react to it. It will however catch people off guard if used once in a blue moon, and it seems to track grounded side rolls better at distance.

Other ways Nightmare gets damage is by spacing and whiff punishing as well as guard gauge pressure.

It may sound a bit silly, but a 44A / 1A mix up on wake up (especially after a succesful A+G throw or 2AB) works pretty well at times. Both moves look kind of similar on start-up, and they're slow enough to give people time to doubt which one it is and commit to the wrong choice. It's surprisingly effective. Another NM player told me to try it once, and I have to say that it works a lot better than I originally expected (and not only against shabby players either).

If they are in your face and expecting you to attack, and they are not Natsu or another extremely fast character, 2(K) 2A+B can be effective, just don't use it more than once or twice a match. Plus, you can spend dat meter on an immediate GS kBE to keep pressure on, or possibly a GS B.

Plus, you can spend dat meter on an immediate GS kBE to keep pressure on,
GS K BE is mid/high. Most players will duck the second hit and punish you heavily for it. For applying pressure, iagA and 66B work excellently because iagA can't be ducked on reaction and can deter people from stepping 66B.

Woe is us when they start JGing 66B, though.

2(K), 2A+B, GS kBE.
In that order, as fast as possible.
And yeah, sometimes people will duck I guess, but they haven't done that to me yet, at least not when I throw it out out of nowhere, like in this setup.
Even if they *can* duck the second hit, doesn't mean that they will.

yeah, you're right on one part, it can be ducked, but they don't always, but still... use it with caution. I've lost a few games from whiffs like that.

abusing the range of his attacks is a good tactic, they wouldn't think to duck 1A so far thinking it'll whiff.

I've been makeing use of 1(a)K people have been jumping the charged one alot XD and then it goes W! which take me to a wall combo that take most of the'r life

Back