Natsu Frame Data Research Thread

IdleMind

BANNED FOREVER
Post all Frame Data findings/research here.

Please post any testing methods or assumptions along with your data so it can be verified by the SA mods and added to the wiki!

hi all, i've done some preliminary frame data testing using the existing frame data for mitsu that came out recently, as well as the fact that natsu's 6A and AAB are neutral on hit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amr4w1t1zGmwdFhTem9Rc1NGaDJjQVkzaUJQV0pybWc

please note that this is literally day 2 of testing for me, so there is always the possibility of errors. also keep in mind the following issues:

• many of the frames were determined by seeing if moves traded or clashed. in previous games, clashing could occur if the speed of two moves were within 1 frame of each other. most of the data i got through clashing were counter-checked using the trading method as well, but there may be a minute possibility of errors.
  • taki has certain moves with iffy frames, the best example being 6B. jumping moves also vary in frames depending on whether you hold 7, 8 or 9, and of course any 8wr moves that aren't in the 4 or 6 direction suffer from an inbuilt quick-step, and therefore are difficult to identify frame-wise.
  • in general taki's move speeds are pretty straightforward (with the exception of 6B and WS K) until you get to the i20 range, where you have moves with weird-ass hitboxes like 44A, and moves with in-built evasion like 1A.
do feel free to edit and correct as you see fit; it's a shared document for the whole natsu community to use. but please leave a comment in this thread if you've made any changes so we know what's been going on with the spreadsheet.

and if someone has the futurepress guide please share so i can verify/correct/dump this!

Thanks TaXi.

I took the frame data Wombat posted and broke out each individual move so it can be sorted a little easier. I also formatted the block/attack columns with colors to show general safety and frame advantage. There is a legend on the right side explaining what the colors mean. Anyway, hope this helps you guys cross check your findings.

http://tinyurl.com/86v733z

Hey TaXi
Thanks for all your hardwork so far! Even though it's been a while (cough cough calibur forums) I'd still like to help out again. Anything in particular that needs to be checked?

Seems to me 3A is not -3 on hit.
Rather +2
Also some of her BT frames seem to be off:
BT A i13 instead of i14
BT B i17 instead of i16
BT 2B i18 instead i17

Tested with a dummy Natsu walking behind me, then doing AAB (+/-0) on BT me, then me trading
BT A with Dummy's K
BT B with Dummy's 66B and 6K
BT 2B with 2K
Done with my back to the corner to eliminate tip range impact delay as a factor.

BT PO K: -7 -8 instead -21 on block
BT PO K unsafe to i7 i8 2bA

strangely BT PO K~ i13 BT A trades with i20 A+B indicating it would be -7

PO A: 0 on hit 0 instead of +2

Updated the Wiki

you're right.
Somehow the trade after BT PO K made me think that was -7
Thus 2bA would be i7 but i can't punish any other -7 attack with 2bA.

edited.

Corrected:

FC :2::A+B: on Hit
+11 >>> +12!!!
:3::(3):_:9::(9)::B: (i17 + 10 8WR frames) trades with :B: (i15)
:8::A: (i22) trades with :A: (i10)

:4::(4)::A: impact
i20 >>> i24
At +2 (:A:.:A:/:B:.:B: on hit)
:4::(4)::A: trades with :7:_:8:_:9::A: (i22)
At +3 (:K:.:K: on hit)
:4::(4)::A: trades with :k-small::2: (i21)

:(1):_:(7)::A:
i24 >>> i23
At +2 (:A:.:A:/:B:.:B: on hit)
:1::(1):_:7::(7)::A: (+10 8WR frames) trades with :2::(2):_:8::(8)::B: (i21 + 10 8WR frames)
At +3 (:K:.:K: on hit)
:1::(1):_:7::(7)::A: (+10 8WR frames) trades with :4::A+B: (i30)

Added:

:(1):_:(7)::K: impact
>>> i22
at +2 (:A:.:A:/:B:.:B: on hit)
:1::(1):_:7::(7)::K: (+10 8WR frames) trades with :4::A+B: (i30)
at +12 (FC :2::A+B: on hit)
:1::(1):_:7::(7)::K: (+10 8WR frames) trades with :A+B: (i20)

:4::(4)::K: on Just Guard
>>> -31
unsafe to :2::(2):_:8::(8)::B: (i21 + 10 8WR frames)
safe to :1::(1):_:7::(7)::K: (i22 + 10 8WR frames)

Going to retest some of her stances that seem really messed up.

Back