Natsu Okizeme?

Bolverk-GTM

[08] Mercenary
I didn't see a thread for okizeme per se, but I did see the tech trap discussion. On the other hand, this is not a tech trap so I was at a loss for where to put this. Move list analysis? Eh, move it to where it needs to be if necessary.

ANYWAYS I was playing against my friend (he's pretty good) offline and scored a knockdown, dumped my jacks on the ground (FC A+B), went for the 4A+B6 tech trap, blahhhh blah blah. They just ate the grounded bomb and when the 6 follow-up occurred, I thought to myself "I can do something with this." The next time I set up this situation, I followed with HOV B. My opponent respected it and blocked. With this, I figured that the grounded 4A+B6 would be a good means of applying HOV mix-ups, seeing how HOV A is a low and HOV B is a mid.

As I did eventually figure out, the HOV can be disrespected with a vertical. While my friend didn't try side stepping it, I assume that it's also possible to punish the HOV that way. If there are any means of making someone open to respecting the HOV mix-up (like perhaps PO 2 > PO K or something, I don't know), I think this could be something half decent.

With that said, is this follow-up from a grounded 4A+B6 a good idea or bad idea?

a good strategy i started using is after a knockdown and the last FC A+B, your opponent refuses to get up and fall into techtraps you can try and 2A+B6 into another fast FC A+B since 2A+B6 leaves u in FC, this will reapply the stun from the jacks and can get you some more damage or another mix up like that.

As for respecting HOV mixups, they're not really mixups because they can be blocked on reaction. Anyone who knows the match-up will always block HOV on reaction. unless you condition them smartly to do something stupid preemptively like fearing the PO BE or PO-throw, or something. depends on the player i guess. And yes you can beat natsu out of PO HOV anyway, so it's a very gimmicky tool.

in general being a Taki player for a long while and having a training partner who knows the match-up in and out, i think that smart conditioning will be key, when other learn the match-up as well.

oh yeah and to my first point, the (2A+B6 into FCA+B) or (2A+B into CE+air-throw or whatever else) after a standard CH combo is something i haven't seen a good counter-strategy for. unless they jump of course, but then there could be other FC options besides A+B. Those bastards always lying down versus Natsu on wake-up should respect her more lol! ))

i've used 2A+B6 to go past the opponent on wake up while they roll to the side and then got a BT mixup on them.

empty jump 9G does this too, but it doesn't have flames. although HCF+B~G does have flames... hmmm

I have been hitting the lab yesterday and come up with some info regarding *BnB* FC A+B 4AB6 oki. just sharing if some1 else have any use for this.
  • 4A+B6,B ---------techable to the right, cant interrupt it i think (tested with a i12 fc move on wakeup)
  • 4A+B6,B+K ----------sometimes catches right tech, all other tech evades the hit. cant interrupt this either
  • 4A+B6,8A_B---------seems to avoid most wakeup attacks, but it's seeable so not to much use. and hov A have shit range
  • 4A+B6,66 B ----------tracks all tech and if they tech they cant interrupt, but if they mash wakeup atk they got like 17frames do whatever.
  • 4A+B6,66 B+K-------tracks all techrolls and uninterruptable if they do tech. you can be interrupted by wakeup attacks.
  • 4A+B6.66 K ---------Interrupts any attempt to wakeup attack from my research. unsafe like hell on block.
  • 4A+B6,466 B+G- B--throw, good when they learn so just sit there like a duck.
  • 4A+B6,6644 A+G----A-throw from PO cancel with 44. when they catch on to you doing B throw :] this comes out a bit slower than the B throw tho.
  • 4A+B6.6644 G---------if you wanna chicken out of PO this is your way, seems safe to me
kinda what i've found so far :]

i find 4A+B6, 66 B best if ppl have an habit of teching after your combos, leaves you with good + frames to play with.

now back to the lab again :]
(damn im so glad sc5 got record, fucking namco fucked every tekken fan over by not having it in t6 :[ )

Back