NES Battletoads

I still love this game. I never did sit down and tried to beat it, but when I try to play it now I lose. I hate how games like this I could easily dominate when I was a youngin, but now as an adult I suck hard at.

Mega Man II is giving me trouble too. It's the damn stage with the disappearing blocks that you have to time your jumping on. But I have so much fun playing these games because most of the new games that come out suck since they put too much focus on other things besides gameplay.

And Section Z is one of those games that I play now and wonder how the hell did I ever beat this game.

I hate how games like this I could easily dominate when I was a youngin, but now as an adult I suck hard at. put too much focus on other things besides gameplay.

I'm 31, so I'm old enough to distinctly know what you mean. However, when we were kids, we played these games constantly. How many weekends did you spend playing Super Mario Brothers? Most of these games are really just about a memorization based on rhythm. Lots of people say it is because modern games don't have the gameplay older ones did, but I think it really comes down to modern GAMERS don't have the attention span that gamers used to have.

Look at this website even. This site is dedicated to a game where the longest you have to concentrate at a time is about 60 seconds.

The Gametrailers list is a great one. I really agree with it. I'm sure Contra would be a lot higher on that list if it were not for the Konami code. About 5 years ago a friend and I tried to beat the game without using the code. That project turned into an obsession that lasted all weekend. Oh, so much pizza and beer that weekend, it makes me sick just thinking about it.

But, I never knew Ikaruga was available on xbox live. Had I known that, I seriously might have bought an xbox instead of a PS3. I love that game so much.

Look at this website even. This site is dedicated to a game where the longest you have to concentrate at a time is about 60 seconds.

Well if you're playing at a tournament or something like that, it's much harder than just focusing in 60 second spurts. As you're playing, you have to figure out what your opponent is doing, the time spent between rounds is invaluable for this. Also it's easy to lose your rhythm between matches, which in a large tourney can take over an hour early on.

There's a lot more thought that goes into it than simple pattern memorization.

There was a Battletoads/Double Dragon Co-op game at some point where you could use a mix of either characters to battle bad guys.

Back