New to SCV - Maining (Soul of) Tira - can I get some help?

Zidiane

[08] Mercenary
I'm using Tira, but she's difficult. Fun, but difficult. I feel like I'm missing important things, so I want to show you guys my general game plan, and if you could give some advice, that's be awesome. I tried best I could to lern your number=direction thingy, so if I get something wrong, please excuse me.
JS: 6A, B, then depending on how they've been reacting, K (Ring out), grab (G+A Ring out), or guard (Poke)
3B, 6AA (Punish)
88A, AA (Poke)
236K (If not blocking low)
1A (If not blocking low)
66B, 66B BE, GS B+K, JS 66B BE, GS B+K, 666B BE (Punish, Poke, opp. Blocking low, opp. getting up)

GS: 3AA (Counter)
3B, (Then either) 66A, 66B, or 66K(Favorite) (Poke)
4BBB, 4A, 4K, JS 66B BE, GS B+K, 666B (Punish, Poke, opp. Blocking low)

I also need some help with the 4BBB (I usually just mash the button (40% accuracy)), and her GS B+K Flashy Spinny Neck Cutting move. I use it all the time, right when my opponent attacks, but it almost never works (I am aiming for mid attacks). Any and all advice would help.

Try GS B+K right after somebody blocks GS 3AA or GS 66K or GS 66B. It will make them think twice about attacking right after them despite you being at disadvantage.

I've come to appreciate 4A in JS lately. It's got pretty good reach and basically leads to a free mix-up. Same with 22A, though you have to be a lot closer.

Also take advantage of her break attacks in GS, especially on wake up. If you mix them in with 66(6)B you can catch people off guard or at least get the advantage to keep your offense going.

Hmmm the problem with JS 4A is that it is unsafe with no pushback, so it leaves you open for a nasty punishment, especially Pyrrha legendary 236B.
You can use it as a whiff punishment but there are better options in that case, 66B, 3B, WS B.
For me, that move is good for combo and that's it.

An option for you, certain attack strings can be GS B+K after block like Nightmare's B.B. Meaning block the first hit and then GS B+K the second for free health. There are a couple of strings per character that works this way. I'll name the ones I know.

Assuming blocking the first attack of these strings unless mention otherwise

Nightmare
A.A.B (Catch the B)
A.A.b4 (Catch the B)
B.B (Catch second B)
22/88 A.A (Catch the second A)
33/99 bBE (Catch the attack after the launcher)

Cervantes
22/88 aBE (Don't worry if you get caught by the low unless you are that picky on health then watch out for the low, you can still GS B+K the last hit, if you time it right)
WR a+bBE
WR A+B (GS B+K on the last stab of flying dutchman)

Z.W.E.I (The wolf can also be caught this way)
B (Block ZWEI's attack and then GS B+K the Wolf attack, still I don't advice if your not close enough, a GS B+K whiff is quite a whiff)
3aBE (Second attack catch)

Viola (You can even GS B+K the orb)
Orb Set a+b BE (GS B+K the orb, but like the wolf make sure your in range for the counter grab)
Orb Set 44/11/77 aBE (Catch the 1st orb attack)
Orb Set 22/88 bBE (Catch the returning orb)
66 kBE (Catch orb attack)

Hmmm the problem with JS 4A is that it is unsafe with no pushback, so it leaves you open for a nasty punishment, especially Pyrrha legendary 236B.
You can use it as a whiff punishment but there are better options in that case, 66B, 3B, WS B.
For me, that move is good for combo and that's it.
You've got to know when to use and when not to use it obviously, but it's not that unsafe. (Using it against characters with fast punishers is obviously a bad idea.) I rarely find myself punished that severely when using it outside of combos.

Back