Nightmare Side Steps + Punish by Matchups

Engared

[10] Knight
Hey guys, could we get a compilation of which direction to generally step against certain characters. Ill list certain popular moves and their applicable punish I'll begin with (did not test step guard, might do in the future)

Sophie: Generally Right
3B whiffs to right step, punish with grab/mid mixup
66B whiffs to both sides but more so to right step, right step gives you back throw or 3B/33B
44B+K tracks to left, right step gives you grab/mid/1A
TAS B tracks at close range to left, right step whiff, punish with back throw, 33B
TAS AA tracks right and left but step guardable. Jump/impact second hit
4B+K doesn't track right, right step gives you grab/mid
4B doesn't track right, Right step gives you grab/mid
236B doesnt track right, right step gives you grab/mid
1K tracks only at the end to the right, but most of the time it will miss, right step gives you grab/mid
BB doesnt track right (full step only), punish with grab/mid

So she is very linear heh.

As I've been playing against the Mitsurugi AI lately, I've found that stepping left is better.

I haven't done any serious tests though.

Stepping left tends to yield decent results against Voldo, but his horribly fast horizontals can still catch you pretty good.

As I've been playing against the Mitsurugi AI lately, I've found that stepping left is better.

I haven't done any serious tests though.

I think with mitsu its step right though. Ill have to check. Main things to test are 66A+B (that move tracks to one side), 66B, 2KB and a couple of others. Also have to test his stances. Mitsu was next on my list, then Cas.

I step towards....

....the player and raise....

....my hand to slap him.

I hate Hilde v NM. Stupid fight. Though NM can beat her, its not fun to play against her.

Apparently you step towards sword side which is her left (not sure) against hilde. Most important things is to avoid her charged Bs like C3B and C2B. Then you get hit by C3A which is a gayest move in the game then you cry as you watch them steal your victory from half way across the screen.

Back