online of this game is so frustating...

federicos95

[08] Mercenary
i don't know where to start..

online of this game is a s**t? A lot of people in this game love so much "grabbing" and use unbalanced characters like xiba, cervantes, natsu, mitsurugi and nightmare. It is incredible, when i'm against them i'm going to meet a certain defeat.

I'm very careful when I choose my opponent, but anyone slays me even if it is my own level....
yes of course, i train a lot but i continue to lose.......

today i lose 10 times followed and some rage quits (around 7 f*****g)

I do not want to abandon soul calibur for the bull***s, I really love this series. Anyone can give me a tips for improve my perfomance online ?

You get better by learning to deal with stuff like throws. Hold guard then hit A or B while guarding to buffer in a throw break. You can try breaking them on reaction too or you can duck them since they are high attacks. Throws are also relatively slow so use a faster attack to snuff them if you suspect one's coming.

You deal with characters you don't like to fight by learning the matchups. No character you've listed is unbalanced.

If you're unwilling to do any of that, you're not going to like playing any competitive fighting game online as all of them bring similar issues with them.

Be sure you are playing yellow (3 bars) at least, preferably 4 or 5. Playing randoms in the Colosseo can be dicey, since you can get matched up with people that aren't from your area. (Fighting a person a continent or ocean away online is not a good idea.)

Moving connection quality aside, if you are feeling frustrated, or feeling that the game is imbalanced, it is because you don't feel like you have a fair degree of control over the fight. In other words, your basics are weak. I believe you've already been shown the link on the tactics forum regarding that, so I won't post it here.

The best thing you can do, being on PS3, is to render out a few videos of your losses, upload them to Youtube, and post them here, so that we can see how you play and suggest corrections.

Aeon, while he can be "simple", is not a beginner's character in the traditional sense (with his BB being i20, and a playstyle based on spacing and whiff punishment) and so I think your choice of character is also probably affecting your judgment. Not that playing Aeon is bad- but that you'll probably have to level up before you start feeling happy with him.

Back