Patroklos- Ring Out!

DrakeAldan

Follow the rules!
It's ring out time! Cry, babbies, cry!

Here are the moves that ring out. Most moves ring out very close to the ring edge unless explicitly stated. Combos are listed, as well.

1A
3B
3B, 236B
1B, 1B BE, 2A
wrK
A+B_[A+B]
8A+B
B+K
22_88AA
33_99B
33_99B, 236B
11_77B
44B+K
sliding K
66B+G
236A
236B
CE and CE combos

There are moves that I have omitted because I don't think they're very practical, even though they do technically ring out.

Here are moves that ring out over short walls.

B+K
11_77B
CE and CE combos

I'll talk about each move now.

1A

Good old "online" 1A. You can catch a scared or sleeping opponent.

3B series

You'll really want to use the 236B follow up every time, don't risk it. Do NOT, however, use 236B BE, it may cripple your ringout chances.

The opponent may be able to Air Control left and escape the ringout. Just keep pressuring him when he lands.

1B, 1B BE, 2A

Because of the nature of the combo, it has a good amount of push distance to it. Up close, the launcher in 1B BE will whiff while the opponent falls out of the ring. From farther away, 2A does a good job of pushing them a little bit farther out. You can substitute 2A for CE if you need more range but it'll cost ya.

wrK

I've hit this a couple of times. I think you are free to use the A followup if you want, if the move doesn't ring out, you weren't close enough anyway.

A+B_[A+B]

Guard impact!!! Despite the animation it doesn't have too much push on it, so don't expect too much, but it will ring out if you're right on the edge.

8A+B

I'd only recommend this if you're stuntin' on 'em. Flashy is demoralizing to the opponent, but your mileage may vary.

B+K

I love this move. Tech crouch, goes over walls, heavy guard gauge damage, you can't go wrong.

22_88AA

Limited application (for me) at the edge of the ring. It does a pretty good job carrying the opponent out.

33_99B series

Like 3B, always use 236B after. It doesn't seem that this combo can be Air Controlled out of, maybe you can use this to stress out your opponent.

11_77B

Reverse ringout!!! I go for this too much, it's a gimmick, but goddamn. Nothing better than babby tears.

This looks to be Pat's only reverse ringout, and it's somewhat slow at 21f (and I can't seem to do it without quickstepping, so that increases execution time) so against experienced players, you'd probably have to get lucky or do some killer reads to get this to hit.

The BT B+K followup will not kill your chances, so do it every time, just to be safe.

Rings out left. -16 on block means you have to pay attention and be careful, watch your spacing to minimize punishment risk, etc. but, in my experience I usually don't get blown up too hard. It's not an easy ringout, but it's there.

Sliding K

The old "online" swag once again. Hold forwards and run towards the guarding opponent, and just keep running for a moment. You can force the enemy into a 3-way with 66A, 66B combo into CE ringout, or sliding K into ringout.

66B+G

This throw is freakin' awesome and it looks sick as hell. You have to be right on the edge to get a ringout... I personally like running up and pushing the opponent as much as I can feasibly get away with before throwing him.

236A

Tech crouch into ringout, how does that sound?

If you are close enough for the ringout, doing the B followup won't mess things up.

236B

Punish into ringout. BE version should be fine to use if you want to be safe.

Save this for those messed-up oki situations you put the other guy in near the edge. Risky, but if it works, hey!

CE and all CE combos

Wow. CE rings out very high and a good distance away. 13f makes for an interrupt like a mother*&^%er (random mashout super anybody?) and combo into CE has the exact same result! You spend meter for the ringout, but I think it's well worth it.

All thoughts, contributions, discussion welcome. Modify and copy as you see fit.

If you dont mind the meter, you can just raw 236B BE if they are near the ring edge, and about to be guard broken. Though there are better ways to go about it, and I only tend to do it if last round/or I have plenty of meter to work with.

You can get back to me on that one... my initial tests had 236B BE do this weird knockdown where the opponent is driven diagonally into the ground, and it would just put them near the ring edge. Sometimes, it felt like it would "lock" them into the ring edge and deny me a ring out when I should have had one.

I figure if it doesn't work well and consistently when I'm just messing around in practice mode, it won't work well when I'm sick, haven't eaten, and have tournament nerves. :[

Back