Pyrrha Ω Forum Directory (Read This First)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suirad

[10] Knight
Welcome to the Soul Arena for Pyrrha Ω, your one-stop source for learning the Malfested Greek.​
The following are links to common threads which may be useful to improving one's play of Pyrrha Ω.​
The following are supplemental threads which may contain additional information of value​
If you are interested in Ω related discussion outside the technical aspects of the game, please post in the General Discussion thread. Why is there a different Gameplay Discussion and General Discussion thread? See post below.​
Also if there is any notation in one of these threads that has you puzzled, check the following thread for many, though not all, notations that might be used:​

tl:dr, non-technical posts will be moved to general discussion, similar posts grouped and I will try to like posts that are potentially helpful to the reader.

It has been brought to my attention (and my personal experience agrees) that Soul Arenas on this site are currently plagued by poor presentation of information. While the standardization of sticky thread idea propounded by Idlemind has been helpful, and I hope at least in this SA I've managed to make information readily available to those who want it, it is still apparent (and complaints I've heard suggest) that potentially useful information is being obfuscated by a large number of posts with limited substantive value.

Accordingly, over the next few days I intend to do the following:

I intend to reopen the general discussion thread. I realize now it was probably a mistake to close the general discussion thread, in all likelihood it will just push the conversations that are better consolidated there out into other threads, or to the stickied Q&A thread.

I will rename the stickied Q&A thread to reflect a stronger gearing towards game-play related information.

Where thread topics are similar or posts seem appropriately part of another thread, I'll consider changing where they are housed.

I intend to institute a policy of moving and merging posts with limited substantive information into the general discussion thread. I recognize that there is likely not another place on the forums to talk about say who plays Ω, what people think of Ω aesthetically, how she compares to pyrrha etc. Although I tend to have reservations about the conclusions reached in these discussions, there are likely better reasons militating towards letting the dialogue continue. However I don't want it to get in the way of people who come to this forum to try to learn something about Ω. If you are wondering where your post or thread went, don't ask me, it will be in the GDT.

I will also try to, where I can, "like" the posts of others which are constructive to game-play discussion and worthy of consideration. I do this with the hope that readers of the forum might have some guidepost as to what is worth taking note of, even if I may not agree with it.

What will constitute constructive conversation? While I can't give an all-encompassing definition, if you aren't using move notations, aren't using some statistic or piece of data to bolster a point about the game, aren't speaking about concepts like spacing or opponent psychology and aren't discussing Ω's options in relatively narrow identifiable game states, then you're probably not engaging in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back