Pyrrha Ω Videos

Hey there.

Stay tuned, I'll post the videos where I played at the X Fighter, tournament which was set yesterday.
I'm sorry, I got beaten hard by Sakon's Astaroth and Keysona's Patroklos.
So I'm in the 3rd place. http://xfighter.challonge.com/XF02SCV

HolyCarp, I guess we are on the same boat right now hahaha.
But do not worry, I'll improve myself again and next time, Pyrrha Omega shall be on the 1st spot !

We can do it !

:sc5se::sc5pyr1: Forever :sc5pyr1: :sc5se:

I took a look at your bracket and you certainly didn't have an easy ride, fighting great players like Keev before you even got to face Sakon. So congratulations on getting 3rd place!

I also have some replays of me fighting Sakon's Astaroth online, but I wasn't sure how to get in contact with him so I didn't upload them as I don't like putting up matches without asking for permission.

Looking forward to seeing the replays you have though!

Semi-final losers against Raziel and his powerful Alpha Patroklos.

The 2 matches where I lose, I got kicked hard.
But, once I tried to be more patient and I try to space Alpha. It seems like it works.

Partisan and I agreed that Pyrrha Omega must keep some spacing against Alpha Patroklos.
The video can help you.
With good spacing, you can make the DNS B safe, since Alpha's 44B+K BE does not punish at max range.

Enjoy.

With good spacing, you can make the DNS B safe, since Alpha's 44B+K BE does not punish at max range.
Wouldn't JFT still punish at tip range? A risky punish for sure, but a punish nonetheless unless I'm underestimating DNS B's tip pushback or JFT's range.
I'll have to check over this when I get home. Not many aPats can consistently punish -14 with JFT, but those that can are the ones to worry about.

Update: Okay, I tested it and confirmed that JFT, non JF twister, and CE punish at all ranges. In addition, 2363B will catch all directions of step after a blocked DNS B and can't be aGIed. JG/GI work as usual of course.

Wouldn't JFT still punish at tip range? A risky punish for sure, but a punish nonetheless unless I'm underestimating DNS B's tip pushback or JFT's range.
I'll have to check over this when I get home. Not many aPats can consistently punish -14 with JFT, but those that can are the ones to worry about.

Update: Okay, I tested it and confirmed that JFT, non JF twister, and CE punish at all ranges. In addition, 2363B will catch all directions of step after a blocked DNS B and can't be aGIed. JG/GI work as usual of course.

Indeed, the DNS B is something where we must be really careful when we use it other than whiff punishment.
However, since Alpha Patroklos is a character skill-dependant, I think it can be useful for us if we can make the Alpha Patroklos's aware of the DNS B's danger as a catch-step, backdash, or when he's a disadvantage.

If the Alpha Patroklos' player wants to punish DNS B with Twister, then he has to put a lot in his mind to succeed.
And he has a lot of JF to master during tournament.I can't wait to see an Alpha Patroklos' player with a flawless execution. But that takes a lot of concentrations.

Alpha's still in little advantage. But it is not an impossible match-up for Pyrrha Omega, hard yes.

Hey there.

Stay tuned, I'll post the videos where I played at the X Fighter, tournament which was set yesterday.
I'm sorry, I got beaten hard by Sakon's Astaroth and Keysona's Patroklos.
So I'm in the 3rd place. http://xfighter.challonge.com/XF02SCV

HolyCarp, I guess we are on the same boat right now hahaha.
But do not worry, I'll improve myself again and next time, Pyrrha Omega shall be on the 1st spot !

We can do it !

:sc5se::sc5pyr1: Forever :sc5pyr1: :sc5se:

Nooooo,PO should be undefeatable T____T

I've uploaded 5 videos featuring Wall Combo Tech Traps to YouTube.

4B AND DNS B:4 work when used after 44K! Check out the playlist here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsRbPZYrU5FR8oV6bnYmplTi2PuY-EUMr

Regular 236B :4 also connects, giving some INCREDIBLE damage possibilities in the corner.

236B:4, W!, 236B:4, W!, 44K, (tech trap)236B:4, W!, 236B:4, W!, CE_236236B:4

This one isn't exactly practical in a match since the spacing has to be PERFECT and requires a true corner, but it's still cool to perform.

I tried yesterday to redo your Wall combo. It is not that easy and I have to practice a lot !
The best way is to try it in casuals match hahahahaha.

Nice videos, Seditious.

Now, I would like to see your Pyrrha Omega when facing opponents !

Thanks Mayu! :D

I'm still not very good against opponents who know what they're doing. I'll try uploading some PSN gameplay this week.

Just thought I'd dump some matches from my last tourney here. I was a little disappointed with my performance in general, but there was no shame in losing to the top French players I had to face in top 8:

Both those matches were frustratingly close >.<

Just thought I'd dump some matches from my last tourney here. I was a little disappointed with my performance in general, but there was no shame in losing to the top French players I had to face in top 8:

Both those matches were frustratingly close >.<

Hey ! If you had played more, you would have beaten them ! :D

I know it's a lot easier to see what you could've done after the fact than to actually play matches under pressure, but there were some things here and there you could've done. 66B -> CE -> CE could've taken the round at 7:40 against Kaliya and the game right there, for example. Aside from that I just noticed key execution errors in the heat of the moment like not getting a corner/wall combo against Happy somewhere on Astaroth's stage.

Hey ! If you had played more, you would have beaten them ! :D
Haha, maybe you overestimate me! Though I bet the fact that I hadn't touched SC for a looong time before the tourney didn't help :P

I know it's a lot easier to see what you could've done after the fact than to actually play matches under pressure, but there were some things here and there you could've done. 66B -> CE -> CE could've taken the round at 7:40 against Kaliya and the game right there, for example. Aside from that I just noticed key execution errors in the heat of the moment like not getting a corner/wall combo against Happy somewhere on Astaroth's stage.
Yeah, watching the replays back I could see so many stupid mistakes, like the ones you mentioned, whether they were input errors or poor decisions. Not too sure what was due to being rusty and what was due to nerves either. But thanks for the feedback anyhoo.

Haha, maybe you overestimate me! Though I bet the fact that I hadn't touched SC for a looong time before the tourney didn't help :P

I do not overestimate. I only see the reality. You lost because you hadn't practiced for the tournament.
I hope I can see you for the next tournaments.

Great stuff, Partisan! That was super entertaining to watch. I felt so heartbroken in that last round against LP.

I learned some really good stuff from studying you. I felt myself constantly "thinking along" with the match to see how my personal instincts would have worked out in each situation. Watching you makes me eager to start playing again when my Internet gets connected to my new house. :)

Some quick bits of feedback:

#1: You relied on 4B, 2A too often. It's an amazing tool for keeping them honest, but your opponents frequently looked comfortable with blocking 4B because they weren't scared of a followup throw/low. They would often just wait for you to 2A and give them back the frame advantage for free.

#2: You never pressed the sidestep -> Throw/33K mixup on your opponents during any of those videos. You'd often sidestep them up close to try to catch a whiffed vertical, but rarely forced them to be afraid of blocking in those situations. I'm speculating here, but I'd bet that this was intentional in order to play a lower-risk strategy.

#3: Excellent work against Viola. I really appreciated how well you locked her down and forced her to burn meter with GI's.

#4: Gaining field position with 4B, 9, BT B+K is the sexiest thing I've ever seen. Soo stealing that.

#5: Great play overall. You should be proud of yourself.

Back