Pyrrhas best punishes off guard break

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchiaz

[08] Mercenary
So I'm not always sure what the best options are when you get a guard break with pyrrha. If i get a guard break and i have meter i usually just go in to 66B BE. I would like to know what you guys do with or without meter, next to a wall, ect.

Always start with 4B after the guard break (unless you broke with a move with a long recovery time). You can still do 66B BE, 22BAK afterwards and get more damage. You can also do 4B, 66B+KAB, [G], 236B for the best meterless damage. 4B has a fairly long animation time, so it gives you some time to think about what you want to do with the followup.

I don't really know what's the best wall combo though.

33B for reverse ring out. Correct use of 6B+K in your 4B combos for the ringout. 44A on the wall.

Always start with 4B after the guard break (unless you broke with a move with a long recovery time). You can still do 66B BE, 22BAK afterwards and get more damage. You can also do 4B, 66B+KAB, [G], 236B for the best meterless damage. 4B has a fairly long animation time, so it gives you some time to think about what you want to do with the followup.

I don't really know what's the best wall combo though.

this...not sure of the best wall combo myself either. anyone wanna shed light on that? 4b wallsplats.

66k+bab, g, ce is the best guaranteed damage followup if you don't have a ringout situation. it's only 1 bar and does 127 dmg.

4b, 66b,be, 22bak is the best if you only have 1/2 bar ... does 102 dmg.

4b, 66b,be, 4b, 66b,be is the best for trying to get a tech catch ... requires 1 bar and still does 106 dmg.

this...not sure of the best wall combo myself either. anyone wanna shed light on that? 4b wallsplats.

If you hit someone with 4B and get them right next to the wall (the 4B itself doesn't wall splat), then 4B 66B BE W! 6B+K W! 2BB:4 does 125 damage (more if the 2BB:4 clean hits), while 4B 66B BE W! 22BAK only does 105 damage.

interesting. I always try to go for a 1AA however I guess the 2B+K B B B does substantially more damage. will try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back