Quest for Revenge

coolfighter1993

[10] Knight
Quest for Revenge

Character information:

Name= Joshua Williams
Age= 18
Birthplace=London, England

“What are you doing here, negro?” A man asked me. I sighed, another day in London. Another day I get insulted because I‘m mixed race. “I’m just getting some supplies. I’m not causing any harm.” I calmly explained, hoping that this won’t cause a scene, especially in the market. “A person like you has no business here. Go back to Africa.” He threatened. I walked away and continued on my journey.
I’m getting sick of this. So many times has this happened while I’m walking around doing nothing to anger people. It’s not my fault my father married a Black woman!

My father, David Williams was an adventurer who explored Africa many years ago. He visited the Bono State and met my mother, Ekuwa and fell in love. He brought her back to London, marred her and had me.

I was deep in thought while walking back home from the market. I feared for my future because deep down I know that I will never be accepted here in this racist country. I stumbled against a woman, “I’m sorry!” I apologised. She wanted none of it, “Watch where you are going, negro!” She yelled back and walked past me. I saw my home in the distance but something didn’t seem right. The house was in flames. I ran as fast as I could and entered the house. On my walls I saw words like “negro”, “negro lover” on the wall smeared with blood. My father and mother were on the ground with blood coming from their stomach. I couldn’t hold my tears and fell to my knees. “What should I do now?” I asked myself. Because I have no parents anymore, I was homeless. I went to my room and was shocked that my sword was still there. My parents bought me a sword for self-defence purposes. It was an English Longsword.

Later that day, I was walking around the town looking for some shelter. I started to hate my life; I have no place to live, limited supplies and no future. I hate this world; I hate the people on it and everything that are associated with it.
I found some shelter under a bridge and I covered myself with a blanket which I took from my house. “You seek to avenge your parents.” I looked sideways and there was a girl with braids, revealing clothes, a ring blade and a weird looking sword.

“Who are you?” I asked curious. “My name is Tira and I’m here to help.” She said coolly. “Why should I trust you?” I asked confused. “I have the power to bring back your parents. However, the power needs to be refuelled.”

“This is Soul Edge, the sword of redemption. It is empty and needs to be filled with souls, powerful souls, not the weak ones.” She said excitedly. “You want me to kill people so the sword gets more power? Are you crazy?” I asked. She looked irritated for a second then returned to normal. “Don’t you want your parents back? Why should you care about killing people? They took your parents’ lives away and they hate you. It is the perfect way to bring back your parents!” She was right. I submitted, “Ok I’ll do it. Give me the sword.” She handed me the sword.

A surge of power entered my body. “Damn!” I yelled. Tira started to laugh like a maniac. My clothes now had a red shade on it. The Soul Edge took on the form of a Longsword. I felt like a god.
“What now?” I asked. “We go find some souls!”

We left to the port to catch a boat to France. At the port we saw a man with a boat which would serve us well. “Yay! A test subject! Go get him Joshua!” Tira ordered me to kill him. I walked towards him. He turned around, “What is your business?” He wondered. “My business is for you to die!” I got out my sword. He got out his. This is going to be easy. He charged at me, I blocked the attacked and kicked him back. I swung my sword which he tried to block but my sword broke his in two. “What?! Impossible!” He yelled in panic. I kicked him in the guts and he fell on his back. “Mercy please!” He begged. I ignored him and stabbed him in the guts. Blood poured on the ground. “Well done!” Tira congratulated me. I felt his soul entering my sword.

We took the boat and left for France.

Disclaimer: I only own the characters I have created myself. The rest belongs to Namco and Project Souls

Quest for Revenge- Chapter 2
We arrived in France a few hours later. I was in huge pain, completely unbearable. “Tira, the sword drains me. It hurts, how can I make it stop?” I begged Tira like a child. “Don’t worry! The pain will go away once you kill more people!” She replied gleefully. I nodded my head and kept on walking. “Where are we going?” I asked. “To find some souls for the sword!” She answered.

We walked to the countryside and located a lone house. “See that house? There is a warrior with a decent soul for you to consume! Now go get it!” She ordered me. We walked to the house and the man got out and said, “Stop! What is your business?!” He demanded. “Our business is for you to die!” Tira threatened. I got out my sword and walked up to him. I attacked with a vertical slash which he blocked. I kicked him back. He responded by punching my face. I started to get frustrated. I swung it at him, he side-stepped the attacked and pierced my arm with his sword. I screamed in pain. “Joshua! Watch what you are doing!” Tira scolded me. “SHUT UP!” was my answer. “You stupid man! I will make you suffer for this!” I yelled at him furiously. I ran at him and swung my sword. He dodged but I head-butted him in the face. He stumbled back, and then I kicked him in the face. Blood splattered on me and the ground. “Damn you!” He shouted in pain. I finished him by cutting off his head with a horizontal slash. His head and body dropped to the floor. My sword consumed his soul.

“Well done!” Tira sounded happy. Then she slapped me across the face. “But why?” I asked upset. “Never tell me to shut up ever again!” She threatened. I had my sad face on and continued to walk. “You did well, but your attacks are easily avoidable.” She advised me. “Okay.” I replied disappointed. We kept on going trying to find worthy souls for the sword. We were both disappointed at the lack of them. “I’m bored. All of them are weak.” I whined. “Be patient!” She started to get annoyed.

After weeks of traveling we arrived in Germany. During the travel she told me that we were going to the Ostrheinsburg Castle which will be used as our new home. I heard that the castle was cursed…
We arrived in the castle. It was messy and dusty but we cleaned the castle. “What now?” I asked Tira. “Easy! We are going to make plans on how to get more souls! Firstly, we are going to look for a Greek bitch called Pyrrha. She should be somewhere in the Ottoman Empire. Let’s go!” She sounded determined like she wanted revenge…

We were now outside of Athens hiding behind some bushes. In front of us there was a house where Pyrrha and Patroklos lived. Patroklos was away so we only had to deal with her.

We entered the house. “Hello Pyrrha.” Tira said happily. “Tira!? What are you doing here!?” She asked. “You betrayed me and that was a sin I could never forget!” Tira is pissed. “That is your own fault! You used me! You made me into a monster!” Pyrrha shouted back. Tira swung her ring blade, but Pyrrha dodged it. She panicked as she didn’t have her sword and shield with her. “What’s wrong? Lost your weapon?” Tira mocked her. She started to run to the other room but Tira blocked her. She ran through another door which led her outside. We pursued her, “Give up!” Tira shouted. Pyrrha tripped and fell on the ground. We ran to her, she started to cry, “Please don’t kill me! I just want to enjoy the rest of my life with Patroklos!” She begged. “You are pathetic, just like your mother! Josh, kill her!” Tira demanded. I got out my sword and looked Pyrrha in the eyes. Fear was visible. I stabbed her in the abdomen and the road was covered in blood, her soul was powerful and filled my hunger.

“Who are we going to look for now?” I wondered. “A woman called Hilde. She is in a group called Schwarzwind. They are located in Germany.” “If you knew that she resided in Germany, why couldn’t we kill her first?” I questioned. She glared at me, “I couldn’t wait. Let’s go!”

We travelled back to Germany to find Hilde and take her soul.

Back