RE-Safe Attacks for Kilik

WhiteRob

[08] Mercenary
Did some testing and compiled a list of attacks that can be Reversal Edged by the opponent, but Kilik is still free to move afterwards.

Methodology: Kilik vs. Nightmare in Practice Mode with dummy set to "Stand Normal" for first action, then "Reversal Edge - Normal" as the second action. Would attack Nightmare with K (0 on hit) and then perform the next attack. For string attacks which interrupt an unheld RE, I controlled Nightmare and recorded the strings in Practice Mode with Kilik stepping right after the string. Note that it is easier to SSR when evading Nightmare's RE attack, so SSR was always used. Did not include any strings where the second hit interrupts an instant RE attempt, but is unsafe to RE if it is parried, which is a common trait (ie. 6AB, 6BA, 22AB). Here are the attacks where Kilik was free to maneuver after in this scenario:

Normals
A
6AA
3A
9A
BT A
BB
2BB
fcBB
9B
BT B
kB
B+K62*
6A+B*

66A
66B62*
66K*

22A
22KB
22kB
MO K
MO A+BK

*B+K62*: Will evade the RE attack, but no guaranteed damage afterwards.
*6A+B: Would many times push opponent out of range for RE attack to connect due to how many hits are being parried.
*66B62: Will evade the RE attack, but no guaranteed damage afterwards.
*66K: Inconsistently recovers in time to evade, but has follow-ups, so there is usually some hesitation from the opponent here unless they are inputting B+G instead of [B+G].

Break Attacks/Unblockables
A+B
[A+B]
[B+K]
MO A+B
BP B

Soul Charge Normals
4B
4BB*
66AA

*4BB: Stepping after the first two hits are parried with RE is possible, but continuing with the string (ie. 4BBB) can be interrupted.

Soul Charge Break Attacks/Unblockables
A+B+K
66A+B

Analysis: Kilik has a tool for nearly every scenario to beat an opponent's RE attempt. For okizeme, Kilik has grounded-hitting attacks that will beat RE in both low (kB or 22kB) and mid (2BB, 9B, B+K62, [B+K], or BP B) varieties. Kilik can also poke with tools like A and BB to negate REs without risking a slow break attack. Both stances have an option to deal with RE (MO K and BP B), so the opponent has to respect well-placed stance mix-ups. Closing distance can be done without worrying about eating an RE with 66A. He even has multiple jumping and back-turned moves that are safe to RE. And in Soul Charge, opponents should be terrified to RE because of A+B+K, 4BB, and 66A+B.

Nice list, thanks for sharing.

I'll add the back-step motion of 44B+K can let you avoid the RE if you do two 44B+K in succession, and the if the first one was parried at tip range. I'm still experimenting to see if certain moves gives me enough frame advantage to trap opponent into eating 44B+K if they RE said move.

Back