Recreating Rock!

TwistedBadDream

[08] Mercenary
Ok, so this is my first post here so plese go easy on me.

I'm Trying to use the Soul Calibur 5 CAS to recreate Mr Nathanial "rock" Adams, since he has been one of my favorite characters since soul blade.

Anyway, I need some help, since my boyfriend dropped a laptop onto my copy of soul calibur 4, I don't have a reference anymore. So if someone could help me out I'd apreciate it lots.

What I need are screen shots to show Rocks tattoos. Specifically the one on his back and the ones on his upper arms, I'm not too bothered by the wrist and ankle tattoos he has, since they are covered up and I can only put 4 "stickers" onto a character.

would really appreciate it if someone can help.

will post pictures of my progress so far later today, and list the recipie if people want.

Thanks in advance!!

Rock has always been my favorite design in the series, but he's pretty damn hard to make without the right pieces... Hmm...

788px-Soulcalibur-iv-20080430002615320.jpg
443px-Concept32ROCKSCIII.jpg
423px-Rock01SC3D.jpg
Rock02SC3D.jpg
-large--AnimePaper-scans_Soul-Calibur_JaganEye%281.48%29_THISRES_197425.jpg
443px-Concept31ROCKSCIII.jpg

I'd encourage you to experiment with different spiky and furry pieces, and try the "Voodoo Crown" item.

Yeah I agree about him being one of the best designs.

Anyway, this is what I've got so far.

I started off with using his SC4 player2 outfit for my basis.
Rock2p_001.jpg

Rock2.jpg

Full view.
Rock1.jpg

upper body, the face is close but could use some more stubble instead of just the mustasche.
Rock5.jpg

Lower body, Origionally I had the fur boots but didn't like them, so made my pown with roman boots and streatched racoon tails.

I think I've got quite close so far, but still room for improvment. Firstly, his face is quite close but not perfect, idealy I'd have liked a face that had more stubble on it instead of just the mustache. Also I'm not sure on his skin tone, I think It could maybe be a shade or two more tanned. hard to tell with the lighting in CAS mode.

my next big issue is getting rock's tattoos right. what I currently have is this...

Rock3.jpg

Arm tatoos, one on each side.
Rock4.jpg

Back tattoo

I know they arn't right, but without a reference picture I'm not sure how to improve it, and sadly as I said, my boyfriend broke my copy of SC4, so I can't check there :(

Finally, I tried making a 2 player outfit for him aswell, using a more bone theme with the voodoo gear, this is what I got, though I'm not too happy with it.

Rockp21.jpg

Rockp22.jpg

Oh, and yeah I used Astaroth's fighting style, while its not perfect, its as close as I can get.

still hoping they add rock as DLC.

That's actually really damn good.

For stubble, the best I could suggest is a couple stickers stretched and manipulated. The tattoos are perfect, and the only problem with the 1P seems to be the gauntlets. I haven't found any fur gauntlets yet (I used the same trick you did with the boots, but on the arms of another character), but other than that, it's great.

I also really love the 2P design. The only change I would suggest is an animal head, maybe with some horns mixed in to make it more interesting.

Back