SC4's Buffering System loves setsuka's JFs?

Destinizish

Now Sleep Forever
So, I randomly was in training today, just messing around with some of Setsuka's more difficult combos.

(CH WSB JF umbrella.. 11B a:G:B JF umbrella.. all that jazz)

I actually found a way to make the JF's much easier in these combos. Before I had been doing the umbrella sort of as anyone would think you would do it. Wait till the animation is about to end, then buffer in the JF umbrella slide quickly to get it out. Upon giving up on this method, because I still can't seem to get it near 100% I switched back to claw pad mode (How I normally play with her until I have to JF umbrella) and was surprised to find I could get the combos out, like so:

And here's where I stumbled upon something-

Slide JF's out of buffer in setsuka's combos actually require no fastest input timing.

Rather, if you do the buffer early, so that when the attack animation ends you are hitting the :B: In the move, you will get the JF regardless of how fast you input the slide. This greatly improved my execution in the combos. It seems to work for slide a:G:B too. After 11B, I could input a:G:B slower than normal as long as B hit at the very end of the animation.

Thinking this might just be me, and I might be imagining things, I told twinsbrown to test this method out in chat, and he was able to get CH WS B JF umbrella on his first try and a couple after that, when it was a combo he told me that he previously couldn't do. So try this out you guys, I want to see if this works as well as it seems to work for me.

Wow serious? If this is true then that is actually amazing.

But oh shit I fear the wave of scrubby Setsuka players that will flood out in SC5 if this propagates.

What a riveting story

Quite.

Also- Woahhzz asked the question if you can do something like 11Bag then hit B at end of animation. I tried this, and it didn't work that far apart. The slide still has to be done, like agB, however, in the buffer it's much more lenient it seems. Meaning- you can do a regular agB in timing, and it will come out as a:G:B if you hit the B at the end of sets' animation correctly. (I've been trying to do the slides as slow or as strange as possible, in the buffer frame, you can get pretty slow with the slide. Along with this, you don't have to worry about pressing both buttons simultaneously. IE: 214~3aA+B seems to still work as JF umbrella if you accidentally hit it that way) I've been using her dagger returning to the hilt as a visual cue for all of these.

I figured I'd share it just because it's interesting. If it works for others, great, if it doesn't, it works for me so I'll roll with it.

Lmao. Does this work with 1BB as well? If I can get this down then im gunna try it out.

Lmao. Does this work with 1BB as well? If I can get this down then im gunna try it out.

1B:B isn't a slide JF. This refers specifically to slides.

Generally in setsuka's combos, slides are what causes the execution to be difficult. Pretty much what this find says, is "Don't time your slides AFTER the animation. Buffer them and the last button of the slide hits the end."

How did you use middle and index for a:G:b? My hand cramps when I try to do all of that, lol.

I move my hand over when I'm doing a:G:B in combos.. Like, I do 11B. then move my left hand so that my left hand's middle finger is over A index over G and my right index is over B. Heh, it's a weird way, but it feels most comfortable to me. :P

I'm feeling like I am playing against the damn edgemaster CPU right about now with all these just frames. It really works :-P

Back