Stick or Pad.

SonofSiegfried

[08] Mercenary
I would like to know other opinion on the matter of what other Nightmare players prefer, the arcade stick or the pad. I've been playing pad but recently got a Hori Soul Calibur 5 arcade stick, so i will use that from here on in. I would just like to know others opinions. Thanks for your time.

I've been playing pad forever, and I've had no problems.

Honestly, I think NM is easier to play with pad, since aga is so easy on pad.

Pad because iagA is easy mode on pad when the buttons are actually half decent (unlike 80% of Xbox controllers).

Pad because iagA is easy mode on pad when the buttons are actually half decent (unlike 80% of Xbox controllers).
I honestly don't know how people can play on an xbox pad. You have to push the buttons harder it seems (could have been because his controller was worn out, who knows), so stuff like JF's and JG's and slide inputs I can't do on that pad. Not to mention the D-pad will give you a rash on your thumb from failing to do 236 moves correctly. No seriously, I couldn't even DO 236 on an xbox pad. I was better off with the analog stick even though I was totally not used to it.

Okay enough xbox hate sorry if anyone here loves that console :)

But anyway back to the thread topic, I prefer the pad only because it takes far less motion and physical effort from the left hand than an arcade stick. The flipside to this is that moves that require super execution like Ivy's iCS, or A-pat's JF twister, and much harder on the pad due to it not being as accurate as an arcade stick.

But since I refuse to use high-execution characters anyway, this isn't an issue for me (I use Sieg, NM, Asta)

Oh and BTW, the only button mapping I use is L1 being ABK for meter moves. AGA is simple for me because my right hand uses 2 fingers on the 4 face buttons.

I use are stick and have no problems with any of Nightmare JF. This game is also a lot more fun playing on an arcadestick for me. I think if any pad user dedicated a week of playing on a stick they would really see the difference and make the switch.

I use are stick and have no problems with any of Nightmare JF. This game is also a lot more fun playing on an arcadestick for me. I think if any pad user dedicated a week of playing on a stick they would really see the difference and make the switch.[/quote

As i said, i will be using my new stick for the forseeable future. it is nice to see such a mix of opinions.

I personally use this pad.
51tNyhbU8xL._SS400_.jpg

All of the buttons feel great! Face buttons, bumpers and even the triggers. My main beef is how much you have to move the analog stick to get to the edge of the analog moving surface. Can't say anything about the D-pad though, I don't use the d-pad on any controller.

Though if I could make a perfect controller I would have a old style PS1 controller layout(before the duel-shock), a PS1 analog stick instead of a d-pad, and the above controller's buttons.

Personally, it absolutely baffles me how anyone can play any fighter on a pad. The stick is so much more ergonomic and precise.

Plus, it makes really cool clicky sounds which to me, are like nostalgia-heroin.

A few months back I found Sc2 in an arcade. After one round my left arm was killing me from all the motions. I don't know how anyone can play on a stick that seriously, it's too much work.

A few months back I found Sc2 in an arcade. After one round my left arm was killing me from all the motions. I don't know how anyone can play on a stick that seriously, it's too much work.

That's probably because you were riding the gate of the stick instead of just activating the necessary micro switches. To say the least, you use what you are most comfortable with, some moves become easier or harder depending on the controller, however you can easily play NM effectively on both.

It really depends on how you play and what character you use. For example, you wouldn't want to use a stick if you use Ivy since the opponent will hear your iCS input.

I personally use a standard PS3 pad and I've had no problems with it (except a broken button.) >.>

It really depends on how you play and what character you use. For example, you wouldn't want to use a stick if you use Ivy since the opponent will hear your iCS input.

I personally use a standard PS3 pad and I've had no problems with it (except a broken button.) >.>

You know, I've NEVER been able to do CS is ANY SC game. When I try doing the whole up down up down thing, she just steps.

Back