Taki Study Discussion:

one more question... I love to watch videos and look at combos for taki. A lot of them include possession and immediately doing attacks after it. However, something I don't understand, is how they do non possession attacks right after. Such as when they run forward in possession and use 3Yk PO right after, a non PO move. I'm so confused because I want to use some of those good combos but I can't figure out how to cancel possession.

Okay first please stick to the common notation, we don't use console specific stuff like Y or X/Circle etc...

So.
The thing you are looking for is called Possession Rush Cancel(in short PORC)
It is performed by first entering possession then rushing with 66 and canceling with 4 or 1.

You can combine an attack command with the cancel. Like cancel with 4A or 1BA.

As used in the CH WS K 3bK 214 66 1BA 214B stun combo which is unshakeable.

Possession Side Step (214, 2 or 8) can also be cancelled. And also with 4 or 1.

Both are also useful outside of combos since Taki has no low or throw out of PO you can just PORC or POSSC and do a throw or low.

please note that 3 will not cancel POR or POS (posession rush and step respectively)
using the directional system, 3 is down-forward and 6 is forward and all else respective

I don't know if you're able to cancel with 7 because it is back-up but i think it doesn't work or at least that you can't cancel POR or POS with a jump move(7A, 7B or 7K) which is a bit sad, so why use it anyway?
Or is there a special timing for that?

A6 WR B on BT opponent seems to be a total tech trap(hits all tech even from Ivy)
compared to the standard A6 from the front which is techable in one or even both directions by some characters
(for example Ivy).

So make sure you do a lot of A6 WR BKB after stepping ;)

The other Soul Arena sections are abuzz with BD changes to their characters. Any Taki players have their hands on a copy yet?

Looks like someone did an initial one over on Taki in the BD forums:

DeathCom said:
Well I played some BD... not really happy with the few Taki changes Ive noticed so far.

Overall it feels like she lost more damage than she gained. But I gather this is the case for most characters. But one change in particular has me irked, her Assassin's Revenge. 66B,A is now JF ONLY. No more sloppy input. It's boosted to 55 but STILL doesn't ring out like SCIII version. Lame.

3B,K now KNOCKS DOWN on normal hit! At first glace, it doesn't seem to lead into anything. I could be wrong, stupid PSP gamepad sucks so hard, you fight with it more than anything, 1A seems like it might, dunno for sure. Sadly this doesn't ring out either. However, when used on a stunned opponent, it crumple stuns, so still good in stun strings.

33_99A,B,B,B JF is either missing or the PSP buttons are just impossible to get anything out of. (not that it matters, such a worthless JF...)

A throw does perhaps a tad less damage. 66B throw does perhaps a tad more damage. Guess we know what to break a tad more often now.

A few moves got some boosts. 44K,K now at 52 (I think it was high 40s before). 44A & 4A are a bit stronger. WR K is now at 57.

Her new A+B+K (the universal guard crush move) has some apparent serious tech crouch in it, deals out 36. With the exception of that, there is apparently nothing that is going to really help her game. Still has all the limitations imposed over the years.

Overall, at least so far, Im not thrilled with the changes. Perhaps understanding all the property changes will change this. But the new damage isn't in the best places, and the JF only on Assassin's Revenge is just total BS. Aside from that, I was really hoping for more new moves :(

Character Creation Stuffs

Real characters cannot alter their 1p costumes. But Created ones can use all 1p materials. You can now more or less make 1p Taki with Astaroth's moveset. At least their faces and voices remain their own. They should have just made real souls 1p costumes have some customization. However, if say you make an imitation Taki with Astaroth's moveset, the custom model looks totally inferior when stacked up against against the real models. But its hard to say if such a limitation will be as noticeable in SCIV with its much greater poly count models. In the end, I hope they do not add this "feature" to SCIV.

On the plus side, the game starts off with about every item in SCIV (including some DLC) available. There is probably more stuff locked away.

The single biggest improvement in creation is photo mode. It nearly looks like they spent more time on PHOTO MODE than they did on improving ANYTHING else in this game. The photo mode lets you make a portrait of your character that NO ONE WILL SEE BUT YOU (cause really, there's like five of us on here who will play this game with a friend..). You can select from many backgrounds, you can even select the portrait frame! And to top it off, you can cycle character animations to snap just the right perverted shot. AND you get a whopping SIXTEEN character slots!

Creation still has horrible limitations on undergarments, and clipping issues are about the same.

But yeah, that's my first impressions (well first and a half impressions (hence edit)). I still want the stages and any new stuff to make its way into SCIV, but I think some of these gameplay changes still need a LOT of work.

-DeathCom

The biggest question I have is how people do moves out of PO so quickly when I try they come out slow and you can block them

anyways stick or pad?

Sounds like buffering.
And in that, is the answer. You can do moves after the passage of almost no time into the Possession itself. You can do moves before she even 'glows' or makes that click sound.

It's just timing. Me, I imagine I'm telling her what to do 'instead' of "clicking and glowing", at the moment she would do it, and I think I get the stance move as fast as I see in vids.
They're all blockable though, lol. It's Possession. It's not a real guessing game. ;)

hi Pangke its about the connection online- the players that use Asta, mitsu, sieg, cervantes generally spam so its a case of trying to be savvy with that..and outsmart them with your game play- and some of the players are unbelievably fast... but they can be beaten- its just practise.. get the attack percentage up in standard and hp in special.

You can't cancel with jump moves, but doing jump moves after cancelling is not a bad idea, especially POS. A lot of players will do 2A to stop POS. Another option besides the hammer kick and 3bK.

POS feint (POS 214) can be tricky if it's done continuously. Is that timing or what. I thought I have to register the 2-1-4 way before the stepping animation starts.

Back