Taki's 4B

Xhrono

[08] Mercenary
I've got this move to auto GI once before but I have yet to reproduce it. Does this move acutally auto GI at the beginning or was it a fluke on my end?

The timing of the move is a little tricky
It's pretty much the same as the timing of a normal GI, but you have to do it slightly earlier.

It will only GI B attacks that move up to down or down to up.... though I'm not 100% sure about this. I haven't tested this extensively.

4B autoGI all B (even "pointed" or low ones) and I would have said all linear K (asta 6K, Nm (Gs) KK) but I have just remembered I have not tested linear low K. By the way I think this move is under appreciated. It's useful against safe strings like asura 2 hits, or Nm Gs KK, or even asta 1A_B if you guarded the 1A part.

I've tested this out yesterday just to test the timing... and you guys are right that it's a bit tricky to get down. It's a bit earlier than a GI as Halister stated which really throws me off.

I actually like this move. It has funny tracking and is delayed enough to be used in some tech traps to reground opponents for an additional oki game. I've been pretty successful with the aGI, yet at the same time it's not consistent enough to be just thrown out unless you're familiar with opponent's move choice habits. It's a nice move to break soul gauge that's mid, but otherwise not really should be used in staple. I take the risk using this move though. :D

-ASZ

Tech traps? Please do share :D
It's pretty random, but generally:

Close PO A+B, 4B catches forward/backward/left tech. Backwards tech is iffy, but if you POR A+B_PO SS A+B it'll help. Against walls/edge, range of PO A+B doesn't matter, but there are other guaranteed stuff to use in this case instead.

FC 1A+B ground stun, 4B catches forward/backward/left tech I think. But if they tech to backward/forward, 4A+BB will catch them for more damage anyway.

I just use 4B to reground them for another oki game. Just funny tidbits to know, I'm sure there are better options out there.

-ASZ

Back