The new trailer and my thoughts on it

I was thinking about making a post like this, but was too lazy to make a video. Fast response on a vid btw.

Here are my first thoughts in no particular order. Please do not mind my insanity.

I think that Groh seems like a very strong character. His strikes have very subtle sound effects compared to the other characters. His style reminds me a little of Cervantes and he teleports to and fro and uses two weapon styles It would not surprise me if Cervantes was in the game only as DLC. Groh is really cool. I like his style. There is something slightly subdued or less developed about his character voice, but I think he seems great.

Nightmare seems truly epic. I love both of his Japanese and English voice work. I got shivers when I saw him on screen and he has some of the most epic effects. I mean, his ce involves him mounting a horse. I always wished Hilde had something like this, but on Nightmare and the way they implemented it. it makes sense.

Xiangua brought a little tear to my eye. While Talim is my baby, Xiangua was a competitor for my main when I was picking one and the way they brought her through looks great. Her style is fluid as ever and while she is cute, I appreciate specifically the way the outfit is designed to be cute but not show in excess. Her CE was really sweet and shows a lot of her character. Voice actors did a great job in both English and Japanese. I might even prefer her English VA this time. I never thought I would say that.

Kilik looks good. His voice work in the Japanese was great though. He is voiced by one of my favorite Japanese voice actors and I want to hear more of his lines. I think the malfested transformation we saw him make in the video was a nice twist and will give him a lot of character. I will look forward to seeing what they do with this.

In general I am a little worried about how wide the strikes of some of these characters are with the speed they can deliver them. I hope they do away with run counters to not punish side steppers. On the other hand I just saw some of the characters with greater than average reach be announced, so there is that. Oh boy, can't wait to see Astaroth.

I will look forward to the day they announce Talim, if they do. Will probably watch that video 20 times. :P

I actually had a crazy idea. What if Groh's father is Algol? Both are twin weapon styles. I have a feeling that there are problems with this theory, but I can see some family resemblance.

New kid is so edgy that you could make one of those "Cold Steel" meme and it woud be a perfect match. An eyepatch/scar, dark powers, a claw gauntlet, the cold aptitude, and a double edge sword that turns into two swords, man is as if my inner 14 years old child would have designed this. And Im not saying this as something "bad", actually is pretty cool, but...its edgy XD

I like to be old good nightmare back, my only complain is that the ultimate even being awesome, don't really fit this game. Talking about finishers, I hope this time they include a couple of them for character, ONE single finisher over and over again gets tiresome.

Xianhua I'm glad she is back, but don't really have anything to say bout her, she is only ol good Xianghua

Kilik FUCK YEAH! I really like the staff style, I always was more of a sword guy, but right now I'm more into Spears/staff and honestly, Xiba playstayle was almost shameful to play, a bit too over the top for my taste, the classic kilik style is lot more of my liked. BUT Evil Kilik? Seriously? Haven't we learned our lesson yet? I guess its a bit hypocrite since Nightmare that started as a Sigfried evil versión is now one of my favorites in the series, but still Im no fan of palette swap a character and call him EVIL X

Back